Windows 10: Audio stuttering Help

Discus and support Audio stuttering Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day, I have a problem with my PC lately. There has been some audio stuttering that has been driving me crazy. I am not very savvy with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoelBenitez2, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Audio stuttering Help

Good day,

I have a problem with my PC lately. There has been some audio stuttering that has been driving me crazy. I am not very savvy with technology so I do not know the cause of this or how to fix it.

Upon searching the internet, I came across this program called LatencyMon that apparently detects the cause of the stuttering. Unfortunately, I do not understand anything about it and I do not know what to do to fix my problem.

Here is the copy of the text in LatencyMon:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:19 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: JOEL-PC

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)

Hardware: 80SM, LENOVO, Toronto 5A2

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

Logical processors: 4

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 8097 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 240 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 100747.20

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 8.121185

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 100686.80

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 3.470433

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 55.236667

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.003923

Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.003923

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 572

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 100912.688333

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 1.185801

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1.483709

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 40820

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 20

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 4

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 2

Number of processes hit: 3

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.143513

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 55.236667

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.002479

CPU 0 ISR count: 468

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 100912.688333

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 0.722098

CPU 0 DPC count: 38890

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.449584

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 21.298333

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000549

CPU 1 ISR count: 104

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 32.34250

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.000747

CPU 1 DPC count: 99

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.182285

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR count: 0

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 100895.5650

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.315684

CPU 2 DPC count: 1559

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.396903

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 100859.860833

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.106717

CPU 3 DPC count: 301

I hope you can help me fix this problem. Thank you and good day.

:)

JoelBenitez2, Jan 28, 2019
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Audio Stutter

Hello Dave,

Since after performing the recommended troubleshooting steps, we highly recommend contacting your device manufacturer for further assistance regarding your audio stutter concern.

Regards.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Audio stuttering Help

rickchristine, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Audio stuttering Help

1. Audio stuttering Help - Similar Threads - Audio stuttering Help

2. Bluetooth audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stuttering: My audio keeps stuttering when I connect my bluetooth headphones. This happens when I am connected to my wifi. When my wifi is switched off the audio is fine. I tried reinstalling the drivers, changing the frequency of wifi adapter but the problem persists. I recently even...
  3. Audio stutters in Win10

Audio stutters in Win10: Hey everyone, Since I built my new PC and i believe before that as well, not sure I've been experiencing annoying audio glitches. It essentially means that every now and then all the audio coming from my PC will just stop producing for about half a second, and then resume...
  4. Help with Bluetooth Audio Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Bluetooth Audio Stuttering: Hello all, I got a pair of Cowin E7 ANC Bluetooth headphones for Christmas. They've been great headphones, sound great and the ANC is sweet. However, last week, I started getting audio stuttering and cutting out for like 5-10 seconds, after like 3 minutes of regular...
  5. Bluetooth audio stutter

Bluetooth audio stutter: When my laptop is connected to my phone hostspot the audio played through my Bluetooth speakers becomes choppy/stuttering after a few seconds. But if I disconnect my hotspot it plays smoothly. Anyone have this problem and know the fix? Please help, its very annoying....
  6. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  7. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Audio stuttering Hello, so I have this problem since last year. This problem started on my old computer on windows 7, then I upgraded there to windows 10 but problem didnt fix. So I have this problem for quite long, and cant find solution. So when I watch youtube video's or...
  8. Stuttering Audio.

Stuttering Audio.: Hi, I have stuttering audio, and have tested it to rule out audio hardware and software. The situation is as follows; -Stuttering occurs at random intervals -Stuttering occurs in VLC, Youtube, Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise, etc. -Stuttering is visible on the VU meters of...
  9. Audio Stuttering (Not hardware)

Audio Stuttering (Not hardware): Hi, Since 2016, and throughout several Windows 10 versions, and even Windows 7, the problem has lingered. Whenever I alt-tab(minimize) a game, or open a youtube video while on teamspeak, or discord, or even with just some audio playing, and some times when I turn off/on...
  10. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: I could solve my audio stuttering setting the Minimal processor state at 100% in power options. [img] Since I don't think this is a proper solution I would like to hear some ideas about how can I solve this without keeping my processor at 100% all the time. Edit:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help audio stutter

2. windows10 audio and video stutter 2019

3. streaming windows 10 sound stutter fix

4. one or more dpc routines that belong to a driver running in yousystem appear to be executing for too long,
  5. widows 10 audio stuttering 2019