Windows 10: Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Discus and support Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, on my work laptop I encountered strange problem. I have bought radiofrequency wireless headphones. When I am listening to music on youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ŠtefanMarcin, May 3, 2021.

1. Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Hi, on my work laptop I encountered strange problem. I have bought radiofrequency wireless headphones. When I am listening to music on youtube everything is fine but when I join conference call, audio output start to stutter. I discovered the problem is only when the exact same application or some other application is using microphone the small microphone icon is visible in the taskbar. I dont have this problem on my personal laptop. What should I check ? I already tried troubleshooter and resolved nothing.

:)

ŠtefanMarcin, May 3, 2021
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, May 3, 2021
  4. wb0gaz Win User

Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

1. Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone - Similar Threads - Audio stuttering same

2. All audio stutters when using Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All audio stutters when using Bluetooth headphones.: Computer I'm using is a Dell Precision M4800, made in 2017.The issue is as described in the title: whenever I connect a Bluetooth device all audio becomes stuttered - it skips over roughly 1/2 second intervals. It happens in games, videos in the browser and even notification...
  3. All audio stutters when using Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All audio stutters when using Bluetooth headphones.: Computer I'm using is a Dell Precision M4800, made in 2017.The issue is as described in the title: whenever I connect a Bluetooth device all audio becomes stuttered - it skips over roughly 1/2 second intervals. It happens in games, videos in the browser and even notification...
  4. All audio stutters when using Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hollow audio when using microphone

Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  6. Hollow audio when using microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  7. Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications: I recently bought a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed NOT an upgrade. The sound and mic work fine using WIndows. However, any time I use a Windows compatible application, or Zoom or another 3rd party application, the sound is inaudible and are hearing it as...
  8. Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications

Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications: I recently bought a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed NOT an upgrade. The sound and mic work fine using WIndows. However, any time I use a Windows compatible application, or Zoom or another 3rd party application, the sound is inaudible and are hearing it as...
  9. Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time: I have been struggling with getting my headphones microphone and audio playback to work at the same time e.g. in a discord I can hear the others or I can talk to the others, not both at the same time. I have this issue with my Bose QC35ii headphones as well as my Beats Studio...
  10. No Audio When Microphone Is In Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio When Microphone Is In Use: Hi, I've recently built my new PC and installed Windows 10 Education since its offered free to me as a college student. I've had no problems with it so far except for an issue where when the microphone is in use (as in when there is a microphone icon in the bottom right...