Windows 10: Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Discus and support Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, on my work laptop I encountered strange problem. I have bought radiofrequency wireless headphones. When I am listening to music on youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ŠtefanMarcin, May 3, 2021.

1. Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Hi, on my work laptop I encountered strange problem. I have bought radiofrequency wireless headphones. When I am listening to music on youtube everything is fine but when I join conference call, audio output start to stutter. I discovered the problem is only when the exact same application or some other application is using microphone the small microphone icon is visible in the taskbar. I dont have this problem on my personal laptop. What should I check ? I already tried troubleshooter and resolved nothing.

:)

ŠtefanMarcin, May 3, 2021
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, May 3, 2021
  4. wb0gaz Win User

Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

1. Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone - Similar Threads - Audio stuttering same

2. i cant play any audio whlie using the microphone ate the same time when using my wireless...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant play any audio whlie using the microphone ate the same time when using my wireless...: Why can't I record and listen to sounds from my headset at the same time? whenever i am using my mic from the headset, the speakers becomes muted even though the laptop recognize that both: the mic and the headphones are working. and i mean by that that i can see mic level...
  3. Audio cuts out when using microphone

Audio cuts out when using microphone: I am having a problem with my audio. Any time the microphone is active all audio cuts out except for the app using the microphone. I am using the integrated microphone, and can't test it out with any others at the moment. I'm just stumped, I can't figure it out....
  4. Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time

Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time: I have been struggling with getting my headphones microphone and audio playback to work at the same time e.g. in a discord I can hear the others or I can talk to the others, not both at the same time. I have this issue with my Bose QC35ii headphones as well as my Beats Studio...
  5. Audio Stuttering and sometimes cutting out completely when using headphones that are...

Audio Stuttering and sometimes cutting out completely when using headphones that are...: When I'm using my headphones that are connected to my Xbox one controller that is plugged into the USB port on my pc, when I'm on YouTube sometimes the audio starts to stutter, and then sometimes it will stutter followed by static noises that slowly go away, and the worst of...
  6. Audio Disappears when Using Lavalier Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Disappears when Using Lavalier Microphone: I recently purchased a wired Lavalier Microphone to enhance the audio quality of my teaching when I use Zoom, record powerpoints, etc. I also plan to use it to record live lecture. The audio quality seems to have improved, but I can't hear anything. I'm running an Aspire M....
  7. No Audio When Microphone Is In Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio When Microphone Is In Use: Hi, I've recently built my new PC and installed Windows 10 Education since its offered free to me as a college student. I've had no problems with it so far except for an issue where when the microphone is in use (as in when there is a microphone icon in the bottom right...
  8. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  9. Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone

Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone: using Zoom or Skype, far end not hearing my voice. I can hear far end. Microphone is playing my voice back in my headset. Microphone is not sending my voice to applications. If headset is disconnected, of course I get intense feedback. Headset mic and laptop mic working....
  10. Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio: I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail. Basically this is the issue: I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio. What I'm running: Schiit Uber Stack. Win 10 PC. What I've tried: Tried onboard audio, still get...