Windows 10: Audio suddenly not playing

Discus and support Audio suddenly not playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio was working fine yesterday. Suddenly today, it's not working. Won't work through my headphones either. iTunes doesn't work. Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aul4one, Aug 5, 2019.

1. aul4one Win User

Audio suddenly not playing

My audio was working fine yesterday. Suddenly today, it's not working. Won't work through my headphones either. iTunes doesn't work. Windows Media Player doesn't work. Nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

:)

aul4one, Aug 5, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Audio suddenly not playing

Subwoofer only plays bass in realtek hd audio manager

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Audio troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Audio suddenly not playing

1. Audio suddenly not playing - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly playing

2. Audio suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio suddenly not working: I was playing a game, when suddenly my audio cut off. I thought it was a problem with the game, so I tried playing some music, but nothing came out. When i restarted my laptop, there was an icon on the taskbar saying : 'No audio device is installed'.I can't get it to run in...
  3. Audio suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio suddenly not working: I was playing a game, when suddenly my audio cut off. I thought it was a problem with the game, so I tried playing some music, but nothing came out. When i restarted my laptop, there was an icon on the taskbar saying : 'No audio device is installed'.I can't get it to run in...
  4. Sudden loss of audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden loss of audio: Was on youtube,everything's fine,then bam,no audio,and I checked all the normal things you might think of,there was no intervention or modification on my part,and the device manager says everything is okay,so what is it? submitted by /u/Salt-Pattern-1917 [link] [comments]...
  5. Sudden Audio Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Audio Glitch: I was listening to a song on YouTube while I was browsing another tab and all of a sudden, the audio glitched for like a split second. I have no idea how to describe the sound. It was like the song was tripping over itself. Nothing else glitched, just the song. I tried to...
  6. Audio suddenly not working!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio suddenly not working!?: I log into my computer today to discover no audio out of nowhere. I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including other forums on this site and others). Out of desperation, I created an account and am posting here to see if anyone can get me help specifically tailored...
  7. Windows 10 suddenly not playing audio?

Windows 10 suddenly not playing audio?: What it says in the title. Everything SEEMS to be in order, I've checked the audio settings, drivers, etc, and still my laptop isn't playing any kind of sound. The main volume is up so I have no idea what else there's left for me to do. Even sound troubleshoot didn't detect...
  8. Suddenly Can't Play Audio!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly Can't Play Audio!: My system was up for 15 days only, and today I tried to play audio like I do every day, but the audio is constantly cutting in and out or gapping. It's not an occasional hiccup, but a constant stream of gaps. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.557 ASUS Z390-P 64GB RAM...
  9. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  10. Audio Not Playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Not Playing: Very recently my computer's audio has stopped working. My headset has a separate microphone and headphone plugin. I use a combiner to put both of them into the computer at once. Anyway, I cannot hear audio through my headphones, whether I use the combiner or not. I have...