Windows 10: Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

Discus and support Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I closed my laptop and put it into sleep mode and opened it again, there was no audio so I checked the corner of my screen and it has a red cross... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abdulhakim&, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

After I closed my laptop and put it into sleep mode and opened it again, there was no audio so I checked the corner of my screen and it has a red cross over the audio sign with the message "no audio output device is installed".

I went on my device managers and saw this:

Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help! 56e9b502-b891-41d9-b56b-6f7305652635?upload=true.jpg

Anyway I can fix this?

:)

Abdulhakim&, Oct 15, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Sree079 Win User

Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

Audio Issue - no audio output device installed message

Hi Showing as no audio output device installed ,need a help on this

original title: no audio output device installed

Sree079, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

1. Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help! - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly stopped

2. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed: Getting desperate :- I've tried everything uninstalling drivers, updating drivers, hard reset, updated BIOS, downgraded from Windows 11 to 10. Nothing has worked. This issue happened to 5 days ago. I have a HP Envy 360 yes I've gone to their website and downloaded drivers...
  3. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed: Getting desperate :- I've tried everything uninstalling drivers, updating drivers, hard reset, updated BIOS, downgraded from Windows 11 to 10. Nothing has worked. This issue happened to 5 days ago. I have a HP Envy 360 yes I've gone to their website and downloaded drivers...
  4. Audio just stopped working *No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. [HELP] No Audio Output Device is installed.

[HELP] No Audio Output Device is installed.: I'm experiencing an issue that says I don't have an audio device installed. I couldn't listen to anything on YouTube, Netflix, or anything for that matter. I resetted the device twice and reinstalled Windows. I'm using a Kano PC powered by Windows 10 Pro. I want to get this...
  6. "No audio output device is installed" Help?

"No audio output device is installed" Help?: I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and just this morning my audio is nonexistent with the error "No audio output device is installed". My audio didn't have any problems after upgrading till I put it to sleep for the night and found it broken the next day. I have...
  7. Device Not Migrated - Audio Output Stopped Working

Device Not Migrated - Audio Output Stopped Working: So, I was watching a video today. Paused it, left to go grab a snack, came back, and suddenly there was no more audio. I tried reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting multiple times on two different headsets, hard reboot, running command prompt, updating drivers, and no dice....
  8. AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed

AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed: How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-stopped-working-no-audio-output-device-is/75f55d42-67d6-44f5-9f5e-df2841327b80
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed PLEASE HELP ;_;

No Audio Output Device is installed PLEASE HELP ;_;: I've been working with computers for a while but this has me stumped. Motherboard is a FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 Not only do I not have any sound, I also have 9 unknown devices in the AudioBus which I have attempted to update to no avail, using windows update, various update...
  10. no audio output device is installed help

no audio output device is installed help: My pc says no audio output device is installed help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-help/5f42359e-d92a-4385-9fe1-32fd410cfaef