Windows 10: Audio suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Audio suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesAddison4, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Audio suddenly stopped working

Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting.

:)

JamesAddison4, Nov 8, 2020

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2020
  3. After crashing, audio stopped working

Hi!

Today I was using my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly crashed. Afterwards, when it turned back on, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried many proposals from other related posts such as unistalling drivers, updating drivers, checking if windows audio is running in Services and is set on Automatic; running troubleshooter, etc. but the sound is still not working.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Jess332211, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Audio suddenly stopped working

My audio has suddenly stopped working and I am struggling to get it back working

My audio suddenly stopped working and no matter what I try to do, it doesn't appear to want to come back. Any suggestions in layman's terms please

dutch_steve, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Audio suddenly stopped working

1. Audio suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly stopped

2. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  3. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  4. Audio suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio suddenly not working: I was playing a game, when suddenly my audio cut off. I thought it was a problem with the game, so I tried playing some music, but nothing came out. When i restarted my laptop, there was an icon on the taskbar saying : 'No audio device is installed'.I can't get it to run in...
  5. My audio suddenly stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  6. My audio suddenly stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  7. audio in my lenavo laptop stopped working suddenly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio in my lenavo laptop stopped working suddenly.: Just 4 to 5 days back my audio was not responding at all. i tried all the possible things suggested . trouble shoot , uninstalling the audio device and rebooting it, drivers update . everypossible things suggested. no luck. please help me . Kumar...
  8. audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10: this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in some time now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back home from work,open my pc and i see a red dot on my sound icon and its saying "audio service is not running" when i run the...
  9. Audio suddenly not working!?

Audio suddenly not working!?: I log into my computer today to discover no audio out of nowhere. I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including other forums on this site and others). Out of desperation, I created an account and am posting here to see if anyone can get me help specifically tailored...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working: I'm feeling a bit desperate which is why I'm posting here in the hope someone might be able to help. Yesterday I noticed the audio playback on my PC was strange, some things were playing as if from a far off distance, other sounds weren't playing at all. Then this morning I...