Windows 10: Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and...

Discus and support Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On August 26, 2020, my PC audio suddenly swapped from my speakers to my monitor. My PC no longer recognizes my speakers or headphones, and sees my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Diluted_Potato, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and...

On August 26, 2020, my PC audio suddenly swapped from my speakers to my monitor. My PC no longer recognizes my speakers or headphones, and sees my monitor as the only available audio output.

I'm trying to boot up the Realtek Audio Control app to troubleshoot my audio issues but I'm met with "Can not connect to RPC service".

Looking online I found that I had similar issues as highlighted in this forum post. I tried following the directions listed by Peer_Sam, but when looking at the list of local services he mentioned, I found I was missing "Realtek HD Audio Universal Service". I suspect that this is a driver issue to do with Realtek because when going into Device Manager, usual Realtek audio software that I have isn't there.

This issue has happened before, around April of this year, it lasted around a month and a half before automatically fixing itself.

:)

Diluted_Potato, Aug 28, 2020
  2. sandyt Win User

Monitor and speakers

When you connect any pc with a hdmi monitor that has built-in speakers via hdmi cable, the pc will pass audio through the hdmi cable to the monitor. It is the Intel display audio driver or the nvidia audio driver that is doing the job. Realtek audio drivers have nothing to do with it.

When you plug computer speakers to the back of the pc's 3.5mm audio speaker port, you have to set your default speakers to realtek.

sandyt, Aug 28, 2020
  3. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI

Windows 10

Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor speakers are no longer recognized and I'm not sure how to
    fix it.

I have tried restarting my computer and unplugging the monitor.

Thanks for your help!

VinceDebes, Aug 28, 2020
  4. MoKiChU Win User

Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and...

Monitor and speakers

Hi,

You are right sandyt *Wink

- Monitor internal speakers via HDMI/DP use the audio drivers from GPU/iGPU audio codec
    - Speakers via jack 3.5mm port from monitor use the audio drivers from GPU/iGPU audio codec
    - Speakers via jack 3.5mm port from rear/front of your PC use the audio drivers from MB audio codec

So the ideal D33ha would be that you do that : Monitor internal speakers via HDMI/DP & speakers via jack 3.5mm port from rear of your PC, then you switch from one audio playback device to the other via the Windows volume tray icon

MoKiChU, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and...

1. Audio suddenly swapped from speakers to monitor. PC no longer recognizes speakers and... - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly swapped

2. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...: BackgroundI bought a "generic brand" mini PC off Amazon last week image 1. I booted it up as it was to test it, and audio came through the monitor speakers just fine. Seeing that the mini PC actually works, I decided to wipe everything off the eMMC boot drive and install a...
  3. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...: BackgroundI bought a "generic brand" mini PC off Amazon last week image 1. I booted it up as it was to test it, and audio came through the monitor speakers just fine. Seeing that the mini PC actually works, I decided to wipe everything off the eMMC boot drive and install a...
  4. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Headset swap to Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Headset swap to Speakers: I share a computer, and the person I share with wants to hear through the speakers on my computer and not the headset I have. I've tried looking through Realtek's audio manager that I have on Windows 10, but I can't find a way to swap to speakers without unplugging the...
  6. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  7. Swap left/right speakers?

Swap left/right speakers?: I've got my whole setup right here. So it's hard to move anything around because the cables are all fixed. I've only used my speakers for Youtube, music or something like that, so I put them down somehow. For gaming I used my headset. Since my headset is broken, I use my...
  8. No sound from monitor speaker

No sound from monitor speaker: I have a dell xps 9360 and when I connect it to my dell monitor s2719dgf, there is no audio coming out from the monitor speakers. I have tried updating the drivers for the monitor from device manager, restarted several times and set my monitor as default audio. I am...
  9. No audio is coming from my speakers all of a sudden.

No audio is coming from my speakers all of a sudden.: Hello, Suddenly, out of the blue, no audio is coming out of my speakers. When i go to my Playback Devices and 'Test' the speakers, I can hear the Test signals fine. However, no other audio is coming out of my speakers from websites, movies, Itunes, etc. I am using an...
  10. Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep: I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the speaker inside the monitor (used as my default sound device) has worked every time .. except that is for about the last month. It...