Windows 10: Audio switching off

Discus and support Audio switching off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an HDMI hub with 5 output ports to view on a Samsumg 55 inch Smart TV One port from the PC One from Cable Box One from Firestick One from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TamPepper, Dec 26, 2019.

1. TamPepper Win User

Audio switching off

I use an HDMI hub with 5 output ports to view on a Samsumg 55 inch Smart TV

One port from the PC

One from Cable Box

One from Firestick

One from Xbox 1

Fifth port unused

My problem is, that when I switch from Windows 10, to any of the other devices, the audio on the PC disappears

Every time I switch back to Windows, I need to reset the Audio back to Samsung HDMI Audio.

Any help appreciated

:)

TamPepper, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Audio switching off

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Audio switching off

1. Audio switching off - Similar Threads - Audio switching off

2. Bluetooth audio glitch; keeps on switching voice, music on and off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio glitch; keeps on switching voice, music on and off.: Hi.My bluetooth audio has been glitching. Voice and music keep disappearing on settings as shown in the screen recording below Youtube Link.https://youtu.be/A2ImbHs0X0U...
  3. Bluetooth switching off

Bluetooth switching off: I am having trouble with Bluetooth on my Windows 10. If I switch it on in Settings and then Settings, when I open it again Bluetooth is off. I switch it on again and try to connect my headphones but it tells me my device is switched off. How to I keep Bluetooth on,...
  4. Switching audio

Switching audio: On my Del PC Windows 10 I have a Logitech webcam, a Realtek headset. I will add a Logitech external speaker when I obtain an adaptor. I am trying to use a headset for webcam calls Skype, Zoom etc due to background noise in our house. This has not been successful since the...
  5. wifi switches on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi switches on and off: Hi My wifi keeps turning off an on. In the event viewer this is what I'm seeing. I had a provider technician come out and spend 3 hours looking at the building connections and tried a bunch of other stuff and there isn't anything he can see that is any longer an issue. Can...
  6. abnormally switch off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    abnormally switch off: I am using a pc installed windows 10 prorecently installed, this is turning off abnormally while I am working and trying to restart automatically after switching off but can't restartstuck on one page. It has 4gb ram, intel pentium processor installed, and have gigabyte...
  7. ON/OFF SWITCHES

in Windows 10 Customization
    ON/OFF SWITCHES: When making settings, there are often "switches" in an oval shaped box. For example: - Automatically download updates is showing a clear background; the switch is in the L.H. side of the oval, and there is an 'off' at the side of the oval. Am I correct in assuming that this...
  8. Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.: I'm getting quite frustrated here, so I'm hoping somebody can help ASAP. My laptop has never let me down before, and I always update it with the latest software. But just today, the audio started disabling itself randomly. I've tried restarting the system, re-installing the...
  9. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214
  10. Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

in Windows 10 Support
    Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user: When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube or whatever) and start streaming music, and when I switched to my other user that did not have internet access for security...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch between headset and speaker

2. windows 10 audio switching on and off