Windows 10: Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound

Discus and support Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I own ATH-M40X headphone and I can notice crackling sound and also sometimes hearing in only 1 headphone. It can be well heard when moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alvernox, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound

Hello,
    I own ATH-M40X headphone and I can notice crackling sound and also sometimes hearing in only 1 headphone. It can be well heard when moving Windows 10 volume slider. I tried the different cable coming with these headphones and it's still the same. I also tried other my old, cheap Philips headphones and it's fine here. Everything is connected to FiiO E10K. Are my headphones faulty or is there something to do with the software? It's a shame that my Philips cheap, old headphones work better than my M40X's.

Check the sound here: https://voca.ro/3MdzbbuxncE

submitted by /u/Alvernox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alvernox, Aug 15, 2020
  2. CFLAGS Win User

Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting crackling sound while playing back music in Windows.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let’s run the audio playback troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click on the search icon below and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Then click on the Troubleshooting on the top of the Window.
    • Under hardware and sound, click or tap troubleshoot audio play back.

Method 2:

Download and install the drivers in Windows compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound

Audio Crackling driving me insane!

System specs are to the left. It's happened ever since I got a pair of wireless headphones. The crackling gets really bad sometimes for a few seconds and sounds like interference but then it will go away and back to just normal audio crackling. I dont think I have anything interfering with the headset because it persists even through the sound in wired headphones as well as the audio in my monitor. The only thing I can think of is something with the onboard audio screwing with the sound, but the sound from the Corsair Void headphones should be on it's own audio source? I have even sent them back to amazon to get another pair and same thing.

This persists through a reformat even. I dont have onboard audio drivers installed either. The only thing listed in sound are the Corsair RGB Void headphones and nvidia's high definition audio (with xsplit audio recorder)

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? It's driving me nuts and I cant take it anymore.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound

1. Audio-Technica M40X crackling sound - Similar Threads - Audio Technica M40X

2. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  3. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  4. Crackling sound

Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  5. Crackling sound on my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound on my audio: i just updated to version 22598.1 and since that update i heard a disturbing crackle sound on my speaker. At first i thought that my speaker is broken then I've tried connecting my headphones via the 3.5mm jack the crackle is still there. it finally disappear when i connect...
  6. Crackling sound on my audio

Crackling sound on my audio: i just updated to version 22598.1 and since that update i heard a disturbing crackle sound on my speaker. At first i thought that my speaker is broken then I've tried connecting my headphones via the 3.5mm jack the crackle is still there. it finally disappear when i connect...
  7. Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone

Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone: Just bought an Audio Technica ATR2100x USB microphone and it’s not working. I’ve tried all the obvious fixes and was on the chat with Dell for 2.5hrs The only thing left is that the microphone driver is not compatible with WIN11, does anybody have any ideas or shall I just...
  8. Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds: Ive seen other posts on this subject, but they are now archived or else i would have gone and commented on those, and despite their age, this issue still persists for myself and probably many others. I first noticed this while playing Fallout 4 recently, with a true...
  9. constant audio crackling and no sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    constant audio crackling and no sound!: Again; I ask for help with this one. It seems that there are constant issues with windows 10 and sound blaster sound cards like mine. I have a sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card and every time i turn off my speaker controller(unit with volume and adjustments...
  10. constant audio crackling and no sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    constant audio crackling and no sound!: Every time I reboot it seems I lose my audio on my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card. Also; it seems like every time I turn my audio controller off for awhile then back on; i get at high pitched hum sound and then when i try and play something I get crackling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m40x buzzing sound