Windows 10: Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.

Discus and support Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got an Asus gaming laptop a couple weeks ago and had the same issue straight out of the box. It somehow resolved after a couple days, but now it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nervecell, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.

I got an Asus gaming laptop a couple weeks ago and had the same issue straight out of the box. It somehow resolved after a couple days, but now it’s bugging me again. My headphones sound just fine when I plug them into my Mac, so idk what to do.

submitted by /u/nervecell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nervecell, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Vanarchy Win User

Windows 10 Audio Sounds "Cheap" and Weird "Enable Audio Enhancements"

Alright guys, I have a question.

I have an HP Pavillion g7 laptop. I reallytake care of it, I know for a fact I didn't blow out my speakers, yet I'm having trouble with the audio.

I recently updated to Windows 10 and that's when all the BS started to happen. I'm using Speaker/HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) and I like the way they sound until recently.

I've installed drivers, updated, "troubleshoot-ed" all that good stuff.

I found that when I plug in my headphones and "Enable Audio Enhancements" is checked OFF my headphones sound beautiful, like it's supposed to sound but when I unplug them the speaker audio with "Enable Audio Enhancements" still checked OFF it sounds bad,
    like cheap 10 dollar speakers. Now when I have "Enable Audio Enhancements" checked ON the speakers sound great just like when I first bought my laptop but when I plug in my headphones the sound quality sounds "cheap" like 5 dollar headphones quality.

Basically:

Enable Audio Enhancements ON = Great Speaker Quality, Horrible Headphone Quality.

Enable Audio Enhancements OFF = Horrible Speaker Quality, Great Headphone Quality.

-__________- I have to keep switching it on and off if I wanna listen to speakers or headphones.

Lol It goes back and fourth. Its Vice Versa. Is there a way to fix this? It didn't do this before. I would plug my headphones in and out and the audio quality would remain the same, my good audio lol, no problems at all!

Vanarchy, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Hi Jefelito,

Thank you for replying and I am sorry to hear about the tragedy that occured in your brothers sanctuary.

Glad to know that the Bluetooth issue is resolved.

Try the below methods to troubleshoot the issue on the headphones and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, I suggest you to try connecting the headphones to a different port or check the headphones on a different computer and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphone.

Method 1:
    Setting The Headphones As Default Playback Device.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your headphones > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Updating The Audio Drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update your Sound drivers and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphones.

Restart the computer once after updating the sound drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.

1. Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update. - Similar Threads - Audio through headphones

2. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with audio through my headphones: Hello, I recently bought this used PC and for the first few days of having it and using it, it worked fine. Just recently I booted it up and there was no sound playing through my headphones at all. I figured it was just a problem with my headphones but that isn't the case. I...
  3. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with audio through my headphones: Hello, I recently bought this used PC and for the first few days of having it and using it, it worked fine. Just recently I booted it up and there was no sound playing through my headphones at all. I figured it was just a problem with my headphones but that isn't the case. I...
  4. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Terrible sound through headphone jack after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Terrible sound through headphone jack after driver update: This morning Realtek Audio update popped up in the corner of my screen and instantlly all wired audio started sounding terrible like it was being played in a wind tunnel. I can see that these two events occured the ones at 10.10 and 10.11am. the other two was me trying to...
  6. Sound sounds flat after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound sounds flat after windows 10 update: My sound has became flat after updating windows. It works fine when I change it to "high definition audio device" from device manager but realtek audio driver won't work. And when I use realtek audio driver sound becomes flat. And I can't use mic in "high definition audio...
  7. Sound not playing through headphones after sleep

Sound not playing through headphones after sleep: submitted by /u/Phoenixboy222 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhmksu/sound_not_playing_through_headphones_after_sleep/
  8. after update I have flat sound

after update I have flat sound: After doing a update the sound has lost it's quality and after a couple of hours now of trying to find why I give up i hope someone can help me out with this submitted by /u/Mekna [link] [comments]...
  9. NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES

NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES: Win 10 64bit Dell XPS 8930 Realtek HD Audio Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio set as default in Sound>Playback tab. There is no Enhancements tab in Properties. Test tone = error msg. Installed latest Realtek driver. Test tone is audible but no sound from any apps. No...
  10. No Sound Through Headphones

No Sound Through Headphones: Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work. Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound...