Windows 10: Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX)

Discus and support Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is connected to my monitor via a DVI-D port and my Xbox is connected to my monitor via HDMI (my monitor only has one HDMI port) I want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jamesthebean, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX)

My PC is connected to my monitor via a DVI-D port and my Xbox is connected to my monitor via HDMI (my monitor only has one HDMI port)

I want to be able to hear audio on the devices when i switch to them.

Currently if I have my speakers plugged into my PC i can hear the audio from the PC and if i have the speakers plugged into my monitor I can hear from the Xbox.

Is their a solution where i don't have to change the speaker plugs around every time I want to switch between the two.

:)

Jamesthebean, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

audio and speakers problems

Hi,

It is possible that audios and speakers were not recognized due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your speaker/headphone to another device and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried connecting another speakers/headphones and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link
    . It will let you automatically diagnose audio problems and will provide you a remedy.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX)

Xbox One S Controller on PC as a Hands-Free Headset with horrible audio quality

Hi Mikul,

I realize the inconvenience that you are facing with Audio and Drivers.

This issue might have occurred if the audio drivers are incompatible or not updated.

To assist you better on the issue, I request to provide information on the following questions:

• Is the issue specific to Xbox controller?

• Are you facing similar issues related to Audio and connectivity?
    If you are facing similar issues with any other device as well, I suggest you to run the built in
    Audio Device Troubleshooter and update the Audio Drivers by following the steps below:

Method 1: Run built in
    Audio Device troubleshooter, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type
    Troubleshooting in the search box next to
    Start button, and press Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    View all from left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select
    Playing Audio, click on Advanced
    option, and check Apply repairs automatically.

Step 4: Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the audio drivers, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press
    Enter.

Step 2:Expand the
    Audio inputs and outputs option.

Step 3:Right click on the
    audio drivers, and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done,
    restart the computer to check if the problem fixed.

For more information on troubleshooting Audio, refer to the link below:

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    (also refer to the section My Headphones/Speakers/Bluetooth won’t Play/Switch!)

If the issue is specific to Xbox controller, then it would be better suited on the Xbox support forum:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

For reference, click on the link below:

Xbox One Wireless Controller Help | Fix Your Xbox One Controller

Kindly get back to us with the update on the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX)

1. Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX) - Similar Threads - Audio through set

2. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  3. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously: Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my...
  4. XBOX One Controller Audio on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBOX One Controller Audio on PC: I have an XBOX One Controller connected through the official wireless adapter. I would like to use my headphones through the controller 3.5mm audio jack. It is officially supported. However, i don’t see any relevant audio device to select in sound settings. I have...
  5. PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected): Trying to explain as best I can, but its a little messy. Is there a way to get audio through a headset that is plugged into an Xbox One controller, which is in turn bluetooth connected to the PC? Nothing seems to be coming up when i plug the headset in, and ive tried it with...
  6. Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app: It’s odd because I can hear them when I connect my Oculus but when I switch it to my laptop speakers, I am unable to hear them. submitted by /u/SkytheWitcher [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio crackling through speakers

Audio crackling through speakers: Hey guys I’m having an issue with my audio from my PC. There is crackling on and off that’s very subtle, but none the less very annoying. I’ve tried all sorts of things recommended online but can’t figure it out. It's specifically my computer, I tried 2 other devices that...
  8. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  9. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  10. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...