Windows 10: Audio to TV

Discus and support Audio to TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop alienware 17 r4 is connected to a tv using hdmi and the screen is shred perfectly without any errors but the sound is not on the tv. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mohamedtahan, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Audio to TV

My laptop alienware 17 r4 is connected to a tv using hdmi and the screen is shred perfectly without any errors but the sound is not on the tv. i checked if i can change the default sound output to the tv but the tv is not there also tried to see if it is disabled but its not there. also tried updating the driver of my sound realtek driver but still nothing. however yesterday it was working fine and i did shutdown my computer then turned it on today but its not seen. the same issue was there yesterday but updating the driver fixed it now it wont work. i have also tried on other tvs but nothing

:)

mohamedtahan, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Sound issues after connecting my TV to my PC using HDMI cable

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the mentioned steps and se if it works:

• Connect your Laptop to the TV and turn everything on
    • Right click on the speaker icon, on the task bar.
    • Choose Playback Devices. (You will need to be connected to your TV first to see it listed here).
    • Click the Properties Button with the TV highlighted in the list
    • Click the "Advanced" tab
    • Here you can set the default format for audio playback.

• By default this will be set to the highest quality . You can try each level and use the "Test" button to see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio to TV

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

Audio to TV

1. Audio to TV - Similar Threads - Audio

2. Windows Photos displays blank screen with audio when viewing motion photos taken from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos displays blank screen with audio when viewing motion photos taken from...: As the title says, Windows Photos can display motion photos taken on my Samsung Galaxy S22. However, every picture I've taken after May 13th, when I click the button to display "motion" the screen is blank, but I can hear the picture's audio. Motion photos taken prior to May...
  3. Windows Photos displays blank screen with audio when viewing motion photos taken from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos displays blank screen with audio when viewing motion photos taken from...: As the title says, Windows Photos can display motion photos taken on my Samsung Galaxy S22. However, every picture I've taken after May 13th, when I click the button to display "motion" the screen is blank, but I can hear the picture's audio. Motion photos taken prior to May...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock breaks computer audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock breaks computer audio.: Minecraft java works just fine. When I open Minecraft bedrock, my entire pc audio breaks.Everything becomes bass boosted, and it’s not just Minecraft, it’s any audio I have playing. Notifications, yt, music.I’ve already tried resetting the app and have updated my sound...
  5. Minecraft Bedrock breaks computer audio.

Minecraft Bedrock breaks computer audio.: Minecraft java works just fine. When I open Minecraft bedrock, my entire pc audio breaks.Everything becomes bass boosted, and it’s not just Minecraft, it’s any audio I have playing. Notifications, yt, music.I’ve already tried resetting the app and have updated my sound...
  6. Why does my audio "hang" and all my background programs crash during gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio "hang" and all my background programs crash during gaming?: Whenever I play Valorant, it works perfectly fine, but after some time randomly, the audio just hangs and my screen turns black. After my screen recovers from being black, I gain notifications from my apps such as Rainmeter, TranslucentTaskbar, etc saying that encountered a...
  7. Why does my audio "hang" and all my background programs crash during gaming?

Why does my audio "hang" and all my background programs crash during gaming?: Whenever I play Valorant, it works perfectly fine, but after some time randomly, the audio just hangs and my screen turns black. After my screen recovers from being black, I gain notifications from my apps such as Rainmeter, TranslucentTaskbar, etc saying that encountered a...
  8. Audio Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Problem: I'm having a audio problem when i click on my second monitor, or move my mouse around to click the audio and it stop working from the time click on it when go back to the first monitor the audio plays again....
  9. Audio Problem

Audio Problem: I'm having a audio problem when i click on my second monitor, or move my mouse around to click the audio and it stop working from the time click on it when go back to the first monitor the audio plays again....
  10. Laptop Speaker Audio NOT WORKING!

Laptop Speaker Audio NOT WORKING!: My laptop speakers have randomly stopped working. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX gaming laptop G733ZW ran with Windows 11. I am still able to get audio through a USB wired audio device. The HD audio output option isn't even showing anymore.Things I've tried to remedy the problem;1...