Windows 10: Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Discus and support Audio too loud even if the volume level is low in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yilum, Jun 15, 2020.

1. yilum Win User

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on other places, such as checking the sound tab for enhancements, which doesn't show up for me, and updating drivers, all of which show up as up-to-date. I have tried to choose a different driver High Definition Audio through device manager, as I have seen that that would make the enhancements show up, but to no avail. Any solutions?

:)

yilum, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 15, 2020
  3. DroidST Win User
    Low sound volume

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1647 which has IDT 92HD73C1 Audio, Dell only offered a driver up to Windows 7, none even for Windows 8.1. Searched for hours regarding this as my audio volume level was very low after upgrading from Win7 to Win10.

Finally googled "upgraded windows 10 audio volume low" and found this forum thread.

I enabled Loudness Equalization and that got the volume level back to where it was. Changing the shared Quality didn't make a difference in my case but Loudness did.

The Loudness effect does seem to be dynamic but since I doubt IDT audio drivers will ever be available for Windows 10, it does the job.

Before this, I was thinking of going back to Win7 on this laptop as the audio volume was just too low.

Thanks for posting this.

DroidST, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Nzyme Win User

Low Audio Levels

While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device".

To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome playing music and compare the level to the levels under "Device" (that's my Speakers). Although both are set at the same level, the audio that plays through Chrome is slightly lower (indicated by the green bar). How can I achieve the maximum audio from my applications?

I have installed the Realtek HD driver 6.0.1.7680 and noticed that unchecking the box for "Loudness Equalization" improves the audio levels to some extent for some tracks but the levels are still not the same. Should the levels be the same?

Should this setting (Loudness Equalization) be checked at all times? I noticed that when playing some tracks, this setting helps but for some other tracks, it is better to keep this setting unchecked as I notice that keeping it unchecked increases the volume and sounds much better.

Nzyme, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low - Similar Threads - Audio too loud

2. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  3. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  4. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume too LOUD

Volume too LOUD: Something is wrong with my volume. It's only on 9 and yet it feels like it's on like 24. This only started happening after i restarted for an update. Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?...
  6. Volume is too loud on 5% volume

Volume is too loud on 5% volume: Hello i have a wired JBL headphones and i always have to put my volume on 4% or less because its too loud and my bluetooth headphones didnt have that problem before I tried using troubleshooter it didnt help....
  7. Low volume still too loud - reduce volume on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low volume still too loud - reduce volume on Windows 10: Hello, with my new headphones even the lowest volume value is louder than I would prefer. I would like to be able to adjust the volume more precisely at the lower volume area. Is there a way (or program) that lets me adjust the volume in general on another level? Thank...
  8. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20
  9. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...
  10. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...