Windows 10: Audio too low

Discus and support Audio too low in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't. I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/viung, Jan 31, 2020.

1. /u/viung Win User

Audio too low

First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't.

I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume it's the right level, when it's at 8 it's too loud and at 10 it's destroying my eardrums. The usual volume ranges I use are 20-30+ where it only gets loud at 75+. It happened before but then it fixed itself, no idea how. It happened again now when I was playing a game and I turned my volume all the way down. When I turned it back up the bug started again. Basically, my volume scale is messed up. This is a problem because I don't have any control of my audio levels. It's either good or way too low/high and sometimes I need to adjust it. I have tried everything I can think of in my audio settings (feel free to suggest some, though) and looked online but no results or anything that matches my problem. I'm using a Logitech G633 headset.

submitted by /u/viung
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/viung, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Audio too low 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 31, 2020
  4. nonylolo Win User

Audio too low

audio is too low

thank you for your response! All these steps could've helped in other audio situations but sadly not mine. I was just curious about how to check if my audio driver is fully updated or not?

And by the way I tried all your steps but none worked. The audio is not working on just one program, which is Movies and Tv. Eventually, it is working, but in a really low sound only. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

nonylolo, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio too low

1. Audio too low - Similar Threads - Audio too low

2. Audio too low Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio too low Win11: Coming from Win10 I have this enhancement tab that solve all my problem. Now on Win11 pro. The enhancement tab disappear. My device manager audio drivers are also no longer "High definition Audio device" like I used to have in Win10.Volume is very low.I went to communication...
  3. Input Audio too low

Input Audio too low: Hello someone please help me , it's been a while my input audio is not working properly. Before the window 11 update everything worked just fine but now the input audio is too low.I have an Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX506HM.The issue is not coming from my microphone because I tried...
  4. Audio too low on headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio too low on headset.: Hello I am using Windows 10, and when i connect headsets via the aux port they all sound incredibly low, even on 100% and volume mixer topped. However, when I connect inside the ear earbuds, they sound as they should, 100 volume being super loud, and 50 half, etc.I wonder why...
  5. Audio too low on headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio too low on headset.: Hello I am using Windows 10, and when i connect headsets via the aux port they all sound incredibly low, even on 100% and volume mixer topped. However, when I connect inside the ear earbuds, they sound as they should, 100 volume being super loud, and 50 half, etc.I wonder why...
  6. Audio too low on headset.

7. Bluetooth Audio too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio too low: I have Shure SE215 Bluetooth earbuds and I connected them to my PC running Windows 10. They worked fine for a short time using Spotify and Google Meet but now whenever I connect them the volume is incredibly low and occasionally the volume level will read 100 or 5 but it...
  8. audio is too low

audio is too low: hey when I watch any video on "Movies and Tv" I can barely hear any sound, I mean I do hear but it's very low. Even though the volume is up to 100, I can barely hear anything. Audio works very well on other videos or websites, but not on Movies & Tv. This problem really...
  9. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in all programs, only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have been checking every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube...
  10. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in any app.. only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have checked every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube video where it...