Windows 10: Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

Discus and support Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been without sound for 6 weeks and so have 3 of my employees. I have told them to be patient and that Microsoft is working on an issue while I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by matthewparsons2, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

I have been without sound for 6 weeks and so have 3 of my employees. I have told them to be patient and that Microsoft is working on an issue while I try every week or so to have my audio on my windows computer turned back on. I finally saw that Windows posted a new update earlier yesterday and hoped that it would fix this issue. I have tried everything so far to get my audio back on and I finally gained some ground today when I heard the first beep ever from the Microsoft troubleshooter on my speakers. However, when I try and play audio on any browser or application, it still does not work. I have changed devices to make sure that I am using the correct one, changed decibel levels, made sure it was plugged into the correct jack, used the default driver, changed the volume on browsers and applications, set default devices, and even uninstalled drivers and reinstalled.

I understand mistakes are made Microsoft, just please help me get my audio back... My employees can not attend Zoom meetings or listen to Youtube videos to show how things are done. This is a vital issue that the MS community has been experienced and I am not the only one.

Thanks,

-Matthew

:)

matthewparsons2, Jul 29, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 29, 2020
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

1. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though... - Similar Threads - Audio Troubleshooter Plays

2. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  3. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  4. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  5. no audio output or sound card showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output or sound card showing: The computer after sleep mode when activated will result in occasional disappearance of the sound card. Will always need to restart the computer to get back the sound card....
  6. Buzzing audio sound when playing audio

Buzzing audio sound when playing audio: Hello, So my specs are -- Mother board Asus Z87, this is my sound card Realtek ALC892 -- CPU i5 4670K -- GPU gtx 1070 -- Windows 10 64 bit. So, about a week ago, i have rebooted my Windows did whole reinstall , this had never...
  7. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  8. RemoteApp Audio Sound Source

RemoteApp Audio Sound Source: Hi everyone, I was just curious about what this sound source is? It shows up in both Game Bar and the volume mixer. I don't use RDP and I have remote connections disabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. only static sound in audio output

only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...
  10. No audio on headset. But sound test O.K.

No audio on headset. But sound test O.K.: Since upgrading to Windows 10, 64-bit, I have no audio on the headset. Also, speakers are not muted when headset is plugged in. Headset checks out O.K. on sound test. HP Pavillion 500-249 Desktop. 14664