Windows 10: Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged

Discus and support Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear esteemed altruistic community members, Warm greetings to everyone. I humbly bring to your attention the problem I am experiencing with my laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M.Shariful, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged

Dear esteemed altruistic community members, Warm greetings to everyone. I humbly bring to your attention the problem I am experiencing with my laptop's audio input/output. The speaker functionality is not working properly. When I tried to troubleshoot the problem, an error message showing that the speaker, headset, or headphones were unplugged was displayed. I request your help in resolving this matter.Thank you for your consideration and effort.Regards, Shariful

:)

M.Shariful, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Mar 28, 2023
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged 104938d1485972683t-no-sound-speakers-headphones-capture.jpg

fireberd, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged

Headphones are listed as speakers?

Hi DaemonRichard,

Headphones and all other audio output devices would be listed as speaker under Playback devices tab in Sound settings. It is working as designed. However, as you've mentioned that your headphones only play sounds in one channel then it's possible that the
    issue is with the headset or a loose audio jack/port.

I need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using another headset or external speaker? If so, are you experiencing the same issue?
    • Have you tried using the affected headset on another device?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Playing Audio troubleshooter. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Control Panel and then hit
      Enter.
    2. On the Control Panel search field, type Troubleshooting. Click the result.
    3. On the left Pane, select View all.
    4. Select and run the Playing Audio troubleshooter.

You can also use this article for reference on how to troubleshoot sound problems in Windows 10.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you with more answers.

Monica Cam, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged

1. Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged - Similar Threads - Audio Troubleshooting Speaker

2. Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Troubleshooting: The Speaker, headset or headphone is inplugged: Dear esteemed altruistic community members, Warm greetings to everyone. I humbly bring to your attention the problem I am experiencing with my laptop's audio input/output. The speaker functionality is not working properly. When I tried to troubleshoot the problem, an error...
  3. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  4. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  5. Headset misrecognized as headphones troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset misrecognized as headphones troubleshooting: I powered down my work PC, a Dell XPS 8700, moved it, powered on -- and for some reason all updates had been wiped back to factory from Windows and any new device drivers had to be redownloaded. Once I finished doing that, 99% automatically, my headset was recognized as a...
  6. Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset

Very very Low Audio on Speaker & while using Headphones / Headset: Hi, While using headphones / headsets I was able to listen audio clearly when volume level kept to 10, but after few days, I'm not able to hear the any audio clearly, need to increase the system sound level to 100 when playing any video / audio file. When listening without...
  7. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  8. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  9. Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones

Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones: ok so the issue goes like this: the audio coming from my laptop will suddenly start cracking and does not stop if I unplug my headphones. I don't remember when it started because it was rare at first but now it is so frequent that it gets extremely annoying and I can barely...
  10. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help: So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume...