Windows 10: Audio Turning Off

Discus and support Audio Turning Off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past week or so, my sound has been turning off if I pause any audio output for more than two or three seconds. As a temporary fix, I can go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremyK555, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Audio Turning Off

For the past week or so, my sound has been turning off if I pause any audio output for more than two or three seconds. As a temporary fix, I can go into the "Sound" window from the control panel and mess with the settings until it works; and by "mess with the settings" I mean turning on/off enhancements, turning on/off Windows Sonic for Headphones, and swapping the audio format, with there being no fixed setting for this to work. Before this issue, I had been dealing with an issue caused by windows installing the wrong audio driver for my interface. That issue was resolved by installing the correct drivers and uninstalling the windows installed drivers, however I had to uninstall and reinstall the driver at least five times for the issue to be resolved. Do I need to spam reinstalling the driver over and over again until something happens, or is there another way I can fix this?

:)

JeremyK555, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Audio Turning Off

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio Turning Off

1. Audio Turning Off - Similar Threads - Audio Turning Off

2. turn off audio sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off audio sleep mode: Hello. I've recently upgraded to win11 and seem to have found an issue where my audio is in a sort of sleep mode for a second or so before continuing like i had just played the sound. this can cut off notifications or the beginning of some sound files and its getting quite...
  3. turn off audio sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off audio sleep mode: Hello. I've recently upgraded to win11 and seem to have found an issue where my audio is in a sort of sleep mode for a second or so before continuing like i had just played the sound. this can cut off notifications or the beginning of some sound files and its getting quite...
  4. Audio Turning Off when in a call

Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  5. Audio Turning Off when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  6. turn off audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off audio: How do I turn off the audio for the mouse on Microsoft 850 wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-audio/dcd6262c-5a9c-4774-b2d1-d446ee64b784
  7. turn off audio

turn off audio: How do I turn off the audio for the mouse on Microsoft 850 wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-audio/dcd6262c-5a9c-4774-b2d1-d446ee64b784
  8. turn off audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off

Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off: The audio randomly turns on and off when I'm not doing anything with the laptop. The light on the volume function key flickers off and on as the audio goes off and on. That function volume key usually doesn't work if I tap it. The audio also responds to various keys, mostly...
  10. How to turn off HDMI audio?

How to turn off HDMI audio?: I just bought a Dell XPS 15 and an external Acer monitor for my wife. The monitor is connected to the Dell by HDMI. When the monitor is plugged in, there is no audio. I'm pretty sure the HDMI connection is pulling the audio signal from the Dell and sending it to the monitor....