Windows 10: Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing.

Discus and support Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Audio using Hdmi to external amp. when ever it feels like it. it just starts distorting all by itself, and I have to go into sound properties and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rusty303, Mar 12, 2021.

1. rusty303 Win User

Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing.

Audio using Hdmi to external amp. when ever it feels like it. it just starts distorting all by itself, and I have to go into sound properties and retest 5.1 sound test. most of the time it takes care of it. Any Body have Ideas. Have update all drivers. and still get the same thing.

:)

rusty303, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Mar 12, 2021
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing.

HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing.

1. Audio using Hdmi to external amp. update all drivers. and still get the same thing. - Similar Threads - Audio using Hdmi

2. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  3. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  4. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  6. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  7. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

8. HDMI audio driver

HDMI audio driver: Hi, I am having an issue with my projector, I have been using my projector and leptop set up perfectly for sometime now but yesturdy I had an issue where there was sound coming from both the projector and the laptop (Even tough I had selected the projector in the sound...
  9. Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.: Hi Not sure of the optimum place to post, so if it's wrong - Sorry, Every day my [img] runs and successfully installs the driver in the picture, Synaptics - Mouse (although it is the touchpad area I suspect). Tried quite a few things, Microsoft technician? remoteing in...
  10. Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?

Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?: I'm trying to use my Xonar DX sound card just as a DAC with my external headphone amp. My headphone amp (Cavalli Liquid Carbon) doesn't have TOSLINK input, only RCA, 3.5mm and XLR. There is a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and I've plugged that into the line out jack but I'm not hearing...