Windows 10: Audio vanishes after startup?

Discus and support Audio vanishes after startup? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had to reinstall windows 10 after my old hard drive started failing, and my computer has a Creative SB Recon3d PCIe sound card, so I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrokenDaily, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Audio vanishes after startup?

I had to reinstall windows 10 after my old hard drive started failing, and my computer has a Creative SB Recon3d PCIe sound card, so I had to re-install the driver files/program associated with it. After that, everything worked fine, but even after this was done, I have an audio issue that happens now and then

Occasionally, when windows boots up to my desktop, for whatever reason, sound refuses to happen; I disconnected my audio speakers, cleaned them from top to bottom, even cleaned the sound card, blew out my case of all dust build-up, and wiped down whatever dust was clinging on with a small q-tip with a bit of isopropyl alcohol (and making sure no residue was leftover), and made sure all audio ports were free of dust. I checked my device manager to see if the sound card drivers were being recognized, and they are. I then made sure my speakers were set to default audio and communication device. I even went into the software control panel for my sound card, and made sure my audio wasn't switched to headphone mode, or switched to 5.1 surround sound instead of stereo. Seemingly nothing I do (I even reinstalled the sound card drivers one time, no dice) works, short of shutdown and restarting of my computer. when I do that, then I get audio back

I do not know the exact cause on how this happens, but if it happens again, is there a way for me to track this to the culprit so I can fix it once and for all? Or is this a windows 10 quirk?

:)

BrokenDaily, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Audio vanishes after startup?

Vanishing wireless card!

Then I may have to get one. Any suggestions on a specific card?

Do note that this "vanishing card" has NEVER happened before until I got my netbook back up and running about 6-8 months of no usage.

Toothless, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Audio vanishes after startup?

1. Audio vanishes after startup? - Similar Threads - Audio vanishes startup

2. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.: Hi, I had updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Basic a few months before. Unfortunately, I had to do a clean install as there were several problems with my laptop's old hard disk. Some weeks later, i got all my drivers for Windows Update and thought that it was happy...
  3. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.: Hi, I had updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Basic a few months before. Unfortunately, I had to do a clean install as there were several problems with my laptop's old hard disk. Some weeks later, i got all my drivers for Windows Update and thought that it was happy...
  4. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Profile vanished after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile vanished after update: My desktop installed an update recently and as it's a work computer I hadn't started the machine since. Today, I boot it up and my entire profile is missing. I can log in with the same code, but all my apps, settings, wallpaper everything is gone from the machine. I've not...
  6. Vanished

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vanished: 'This Computer' has suddenly vanished from Windows 10 screen. How to restore it? Running System Restore has not done it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished/58e369e4-3547-45f2-bad1-9d0a22654caa
  7. Vanishing pointer after updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vanishing pointer after updates: This problem started maybe a month and a half ago with an update. After I reset my computer, the mouse pointer essentially vanished. It would flicker occasionally, and I could still use the mouse (touchpad and usb mouse) to click on things, but barring an occasional flicker...
  8. Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD. In...
  9. My cursor vanished after an update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor vanished after an update.: My cursor vanished after an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-vanished-after-an-update/0ea80fc4-cfba-448d-beb7-2e6bc341821a
  10. 2,5" SSD vanished after installation of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2,5" SSD vanished after installation of W10: I have, with problems managed to install W10 on a NVMe disk, but my 2,5" SSD are nowhere to be seen. they are GPT disks and so I assume the NVMe also are (GPT are greyed out in diskmanager. So what can I do to get acess ? Finn ***Moved from Insiders forum***...