Windows 10: Audio volume changes up and down randomly

Discus and support Audio volume changes up and down randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patebner, Jul 26, 2018.

1. patebner Win User

Audio volume changes up and down randomly

The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-volume-problem-volume-randomly-changes/e3c96541-eddb-4b71-9619-448f0f9c0d58?auth=1. Has Microsoft responded with a solution? Thanks.

:)

patebner, Jul 26, 2018

2. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Jul 26, 2018
  3. tjsepka Win User
    Audio sources default / startup volume

The audio is integrated on my Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 motherboard and is listed as Realtek ALC 892 8-channel high definition audio CODEC. The problem occurs randomly, but I think I sometimes see a correlation with opening a new browser tab. I run both Firefox and Chrome concurrently, and both are up-to-date. The last time it seemed to have occurred with opening a new tab in Firefox, but as I said, it often happens randomly. Event viewer is not logging any Firefox or Chrome errors.

From the crash information I posted above, it appears that it is a Windows fault rather than an application as suggested by the error fault information, which is why I'm looking for a possible work around. Event viewer show the earliest error occurred on 4/14/2017 and was uploaded via error reporting to Microsoft. I was hoping to find a way to keep the affected input channels from coming back on to the (loud!) speaker level I use for other other audio input sources. The volume mixer's channels come back on to the speaker level setting, not to the top end of the channel's volume slider. Not all slider volumes are affected when this happens. The line in channel always does it, but system sounds and email (Thunderbird) channels are usually not affected.

tjsepka, Jul 26, 2018
  4. REV
    Rev Win User

Volume Randomly Changing.

So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've looked and looked in all the settings, changed the communications tab to "do nothing" and it still wants to change my volume, is there a specific guide someone can link me to? I would like to get this resovled.

Thema:

1. Audio volume changes up and down randomly - Similar Threads - Audio volume changes

2. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low: My audio volume is on 32 and when I'm playing an audio, if the audio volume is too low, it goes quiet. It's very annoying when I'm listening to songs, the experience will not be very nice since the volume kept going up and down constantly until you have your volume on 50-60+....
  3. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low: My audio volume is on 32 and when I'm playing an audio, if the audio volume is too low, it goes quiet. It's very annoying when I'm listening to songs, the experience will not be very nice since the volume kept going up and down constantly until you have your volume on 50-60+....
  4. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random Volume Changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Volume Changes: I have a problem that my Sound Volume changes randomly from time to time on windows. I can literally see how the Volume bar raises (as I'm writing this I realise its actually ONLY raising, never falling). Is there a way to see where this input comes from? So it could be a...
  6. Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0: I've tried most if not all the solutions here dating from 2015 to 2019. None work. Does anyone have a new solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-randomly-jumps-up-to-100-down-to-0/4d94b176-7fb6-428d-b0f4-f8d4bb54c88d
  7. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  8. Volume Randomly Changes

Volume Randomly Changes: Whenever I'm watching YouTube, sometimes my volume randomly changes. This isn't just for YouTube though. It happens to any application I'm using. What happens is that, when the volume changes, the slider number says the same but the volume gets really loud. To fix this, I...
  9. Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key: -I thought it was my keyboard it's self 'Reclusa' NO -I thought it was the program I was using (firefox) nope happens in chrome and other apps NO -Thought it was a setting in the recording devices, that automatically adjust the volume of programs to favor microphone and...
  10. Volume Randomly Changing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Randomly Changing.: So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've looked and looked in all the settings, changed the communications tab to "do nothing" and it still wants to change my volume,...