Windows 10: Audio volume issues

Discus and support Audio volume issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can someone please assist, for some reason the last few weeks after updates there is issues with the sound.. each time i play a movie ie via netflix or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asteraki, Nov 22, 2020.

1. asteraki Win User

Audio volume issues

can someone please assist, for some reason the last few weeks after updates there is issues with the sound.. each time i play a movie ie via netflix or stan or listen to anything the sound is horrible... it has a fuzzy sound to the voices and sound it just randomly happened

I have tried to troubleshoot and still nothing, also tried to re install the driver still nothing

can someone please help?

thx

:)

asteraki, Nov 22, 2020

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Audio volume issues 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Audio volume issues

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Audio volume issues

1. Audio volume issues - Similar Threads - Audio volume issues

2. Audio volume control issue is back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume control issue is back.: I had posted a question about my HP laptop with AMD ryzen+radeon chips running windows 11 22H2. I managed to fix it based on a response posted here. I updated the bios from HP site. That fixed the audio volume control problem. The slider now changed the volume correctly. Well...
  3. Audio volume control issue is back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume control issue is back.: I had posted a question about my HP laptop with AMD ryzen+radeon chips running windows 11 22H2. I managed to fix it based on a response posted here. I updated the bios from HP site. That fixed the audio volume control problem. The slider now changed the volume correctly. Well...
  4. Audio volume control issue is back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  6. Audio volume issue.

Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  7. Audio issue - unable to lower the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue - unable to lower the volume: Hi - the audio unable to lower the sound. No matter I swipe it to lower bar and keyboard. is it about window update? The issue happens after update to window 11....
  8. Audio issue - unable to lower the volume

Audio issue - unable to lower the volume: Hi - the audio unable to lower the sound. No matter I swipe it to lower bar and keyboard. is it about window update? The issue happens after update to window 11....
  9. Audio issue : random low volumes

Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  10. Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5: I'm having what seems to be a very specific issue. Whenever I lower the volume to below 5, the sound completely cuts out of my Bluetooth headphones. I've tried: updating, deleting, reinstalling, and changing the drivers associated with the device; altering every setting in...