Windows 10: Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

Discus and support Audio volume keeps forcing to zero. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something keeps forcing the audio volume level to zero on my Dell Inspiron 3185 (Windows 10). Whatever it is, it is also displaying a volume control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rabensti, Dec 9, 2018.

1. rabensti Win User

Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

Something keeps forcing the audio volume level to zero on my Dell Inspiron 3185 (Windows 10). Whatever it is, it is also displaying a volume control slider on the upper left corner of my home screen. I can adjust the volume with this slider, but in a second or two it goes back down to zero.

:)

rabensti, Dec 9, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Volume keeps decreasing to zero automatically

The volume icon is stuck on the top left of the screen, and whenever I increase the volume using the display or keyboard it keeps spiraling down to zero/mute. I have run my anti virus program, malwarebytes, and audio troubleshoot but they all detected nothing.
    I have updated the realteck high definition audio driver, rolled it back, even unistalled it and rebooted my computer, but the problem persists.

The strangest thing is when I switch my laptop to tablet mode the volume becomes stuck at 100 and increases automatically to 100 whenever I try to decrease it.

I would appreciate help with this issue.

nikitacancallara, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

1. Audio volume keeps forcing to zero. - Similar Threads - Audio volume keeps

2. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  3. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  4. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  6. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  7. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  8. Audio Volume keeps spiking

Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  9. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. why does my audio keep going to zero?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my audio keep going to zero?: My speaker audio keeps going to off position. I move it up in volume and it immediately goes back to zero. there is always an "X" on the speaker when it goes back to zero. I upgraded from Win 8.1 which the problem existed there to windows 10 in hopes that that would help....