Windows 10: Audio volume much too low

Discus and support Audio volume much too low in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sandragranger, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Audio volume much too low

reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used.

:)

sandragranger, Oct 13, 2018
  2. DroidST Win User

Low sound volume

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1647 which has IDT 92HD73C1 Audio, Dell only offered a driver up to Windows 7, none even for Windows 8.1. Searched for hours regarding this as my audio volume level was very low after upgrading from Win7 to Win10.

Finally googled "upgraded windows 10 audio volume low" and found this forum thread.

I enabled Loudness Equalization and that got the volume level back to where it was. Changing the shared Quality didn't make a difference in my case but Loudness did.

The Loudness effect does seem to be dynamic but since I doubt IDT audio drivers will ever be available for Windows 10, it does the job.

Before this, I was thinking of going back to Win7 on this laptop as the audio volume was just too low.

Thanks for posting this.

DroidST, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Low sound volume

Found the Solution finally after 3 hours of working!!!!
    After following the above steps, please follow below steps for assured solution to the problem. I already did so and now its working fine. volume outputs are okay now and the headphones/mic is also working fine.

1) Go to device manager, under control panel.
    2) Select "audio input and outputs". Under this option, two options will occur stating "conexant audio driver or Conexant audio driver HD" or something like these. Right click on each one of them at a time and uninstall both of them from the system.
    3) After uninstalling, scroll further down the list in device manager. You will find "Sound video and game controllers". Please select this and again uninstall all Conexant audio drivers.

AFTER THESE THREE STEPS, BASICALLY THERE ARE NO AUDIO DRIVERS ON YOUR LAPTOP/COMPUTER/PC.
    So we need new audio drivers. Go to google.com and search "Realtek audio drivers for windows 10".

1) Follow this link : Realtek
    2) Please select the small box in front of "I accept to the above" and click on "NEXT".
    3) A new page will open and a list of divers will appear. If you are using windows 10 on a 32-bit system then follow the first link mentioning (32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) and click on the last dialogue box "GLOBAL"

4)
    If you are using a 64-bit system, then follow the link mentioning (64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) and click on the dialogue box at the end of this row "GLOBAL" .
    5) Let the download complete and after completion please install.
    6) It will ask to restart the system. After restarting you are good to go.!!!!

ALL WE DID WAS REMOVE THE CONEXANT AUDIO DRIVERS AND REPLACE
    THEM WITH "REALTEK AUDIO DRIVERS" ..
    Enjoy!!!

Shaktibrata18, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Audio volume much too low

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Audio volume much too low

1. Audio volume much too low - Similar Threads - Audio volume much

2. Volume suddenly too low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume suddenly too low: I turned on my computer and what use to be 10% volume on my headphones is now only gotten when I turn it up to 100%. I haven't changed any of the settings and I don't know what is wrong with it. It's not my headphones itself as those are working fine and not the port either...
  3. The microphone volume is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone volume is too low: Hi,the microphone volume is too low. Yesterday everything was fine but now people cannot hear me wellI've already tried many different approaches: Check and Adjust Microphone Volume from Sound SettingsCheck Microphone PermissionsRun Microphone TroubleshooterUpdate your...
  4. Microphone Volume Too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume Too Low: My microphone Audio Device was working just fine until recently but after I reinstalled windows the volume for my mic is very low.What I triedDevice Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Audio Device > Uninstall device then Reset the PC = No change.Device Manager >...
  5. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  6. Audio too low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio too low: First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't. I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume it's the right level, when it's at 8 it's too loud and at 10 it's destroying my eardrums. The usual volume ranges I use are...
  7. Volume too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume too low: I was listening to some music working on some homework, and I decided to take my music working out. So I plugged my earbuds into my phone, and switched my music there on Spotify. I came back about an hour later, plugged my earbuds back into my computer, and the volume was...
  8. audio is too low

audio is too low: hey when I watch any video on "Movies and Tv" I can barely hear any sound, I mean I do hear but it's very low. Even though the volume is up to 100, I can barely hear anything. Audio works very well on other videos or websites, but not on Movies & Tv. This problem really...
  9. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in all programs, only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have been checking every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube...
  10. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in any app.. only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have checked every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube video where it...