Windows 10: Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

Discus and support Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried most if not all the solutions here dating from 2015 to 2019. None work. Does anyone have a new solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mjp5219, May 25, 2020.

1. mjp5219 Win User

Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

I've tried most if not all the solutions here dating from 2015 to 2019. None work. Does anyone have a new solution?

:)

mjp5219, May 25, 2020

2. The level of my volume starts to jump randomly

When i have more than 4 programs running that have sound playing, the volume of each of those programs (excluding those at 0) starts to jump up n down randomly, i noticed this when i opened my volume mixer.. Any ways to fix this problem?

RichardLee7, May 25, 2020
  3. Volume suddenly jumps to 100% without any indication

Hi, I've been having this problem where the audio volume on my windows tablet suddenly jump to 100% ,if not playing audio for a few seconds, without
    any visible change on the volume meter (and I don't touch it either). It happens with all audio that goes through this computer and it gets really annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

Device: Asus Transformer Mini T102HA

Audio at 30% but playing sound like it is at 100%

OverAardvark215, May 25, 2020
  4. Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

Windows 10 volume jumps to 100% on random

So today I installed windows 10, and I love it except one thing:

The volume is bugged. I'll be sitting watching youtube videos on Microsoft Edge, click next video and my ears will be blown off because for some reason, the volume is all the way at 100% until I tweak it with the function key on my keyboard, in which it says it's at 30% and the audio jumps down to 30%. This mostly happens with Edge, and since Edge does not have a spot in my volume mixer, there's something funky going on there.

Everytime Edge loads a new video or audio element, the volume will jump to 100%, also sometimes when I switch between tabs, it will do the same.

I've also had Windows notification sounds jump to 100% in the volume mixer too. This is very frustrating as I am sometimes using a studio monitor, and having that blow because of a bug is just silly.

Is there any known issues with volume and Windows 10?

I should also mention that there is no headphone device in the volume settings, which there were before the upgrade.

Sebastian Olsen, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

1. Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0 - Similar Threads - Audio volume randomly

2. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  3. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  4. Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.: Hi! I hope i can find some help here. When i open csgo, the system volume jumps to 100%. Is there anything i can do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-jumps-to-100-when-i-open-csgo/33c1c5df-e3ed-45f0-b490-b247952ee637
  5. Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.: Hi! I hope i can find some help here. When i open csgo, the system volume jumps to 100%. Is there anything i can do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-jumps-to-100-when-i-open-csgo/33c1c5df-e3ed-45f0-b490-b247952ee637
  6. My D drive randomly jumps from 0% usage to 100% usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D drive randomly jumps from 0% usage to 100% usage: For a while now I've had this issue where I occasionally freeze for about 1-2 seconds. This will happen every once and a while normally but happens very frequently while playing games. In this example I am playing far cry 5 at about 80-100 FPS on my SSD E drive and I notice...
  7. System Interruptions Randomly Jumping to 100%.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Interruptions Randomly Jumping to 100%.: Hello all, recently I've been experiencing an odd issue while using my laptop. While browsing, I noticed that the cursor would randomly change to have the loading icon next to it for about a second or so and go away. I was curious to see what was slowing down my computer in...
  8. Automatically volume goes up(100) and down(0) without doing anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically volume goes up(100) and down(0) without doing anything.: Since last three days I’ve been having this problem of automatically volume gets up and down without doing anything. I’ve tried everything from enhancement tab, reinstalling windows 10 and other possible solutions found from google but nothing has worked so far. Please help....
  9. Audio volume changes up and down randomly

Audio volume changes up and down randomly: The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread:...
  10. Volume control only 100% or 0%

Volume control only 100% or 0%: Hiya, Not sure if this is in the right place but got a weird one. The volume slider on my pc displays correctly, slides from top to bottom fine, but 1%-100% outputs the same volume (as far as I can tell it outputs 100%) and 0% correctly mutes the output. Programs like...