Windows 10: Audio Volume

Discus and support Audio Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When ever I listen to music via the Internet (YouTube, Pandora, ext.) I feel my audio levels are not reaching max performances, as I feel the levels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J_Sylvs, Nov 6, 2019.

1. J_Sylvs Win User

Audio Volume

When ever I listen to music via the Internet (YouTube, Pandora, ext.) I feel my audio levels are not reaching max performances, as I feel the levels are too low.

I've noticed that the level of my sound is set to 100 across all settings but will only show about 25%-40% output.

This has been bothering me for a while now as I feel my headphones should be able to produce louder levels.

I feel I've tried everything to my knowledge as well as Google searches to increase that "meter/bar" to be at full.

Then by accident I came across a way to get that meter to the max and now my Logitech headset is putting out Max levels and the meter is consistently at 100% for the remainder of the song playing.

BUT, this method isn't permanent and inconsistent from song to song.

This is what I did.

Sound Control Panel>Playback Tab
    I clicked on my Speakers/Headset (Logitech 933) Default Device

Then on the bottom left the "configure" tab will become available. I will click on the configure button. Then next screen will have an Audio Channel Selection area. I only have 7.1 Surround as a choice.

The only thing I will do when I am at this screen is click Cancel. The music will cut out for about 2 seconds and then my sound is MUCH louder and the volume meter is at max across all settings.

This method will only work "sometimes".

I apologize for the odd subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before & After Screenshots:

Audio Volume [​IMG] Audio Volume 9c809092-a92e-4c7f-889c-1fb3c0d371ea?upload=true.jpg

:)

J_Sylvs, Nov 6, 2019

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Audio Volume

No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Audio Volume

1. Audio Volume - Similar Threads - Audio Volume

2. Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.: For example when i play something on google its fine then if i start playing something on discord at the same time my volume spikes to get really loud. Unsure how to fix this please help....
  3. Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.: For example when i play something on google its fine then if i start playing something on discord at the same time my volume spikes to get really loud. Unsure how to fix this please help....
  4. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  5. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  6. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio volume control issue is back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume control issue is back.: I had posted a question about my HP laptop with AMD ryzen+radeon chips running windows 11 22H2. I managed to fix it based on a response posted here. I updated the bios from HP site. That fixed the audio volume control problem. The slider now changed the volume correctly. Well...
  10. Audio volume control issue is back.

Audio volume control issue is back.: I had posted a question about my HP laptop with AMD ryzen+radeon chips running windows 11 22H2. I managed to fix it based on a response posted here. I updated the bios from HP site. That fixed the audio volume control problem. The slider now changed the volume correctly. Well...