Windows 10: Audio when using head phones is distorted

Discus and support Audio when using head phones is distorted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, as the title says the sound is distorted when using headphones. The headphones work fine in everything else but refuse to work here. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SirChubbyCheeks, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Audio when using head phones is distorted

So, as the title says the sound is distorted when using headphones. The headphones work fine in everything else but refuse to work here. I have tried to reinstall the drivers. I have Realtek audio. When i use them i can hear the music of a video but not the speaker. Please help. Thanks.

:)

SirChubbyCheeks, Dec 5, 2018

2. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio when using head phones is distorted

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio when using head phones is distorted

1. Audio when using head phones is distorted - Similar Threads - Audio using head

2. head phones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    head phones: When I plug in headphones do not work. So I have to re install the driver and restart the computer. I have do this every time I start the computer.. Any solution for this in Windows 10....
  3. Audio splitter not working when using it on cosmic byte G4000 head phones and audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio splitter not working when using it on cosmic byte G4000 head phones and audio...: pls help today the splitter and headphones arrived but when i combine the and connect to my pc it is not workingmy laptop model is lenovo G580 and the operating system is windows 10 64-bit pls help...
  4. Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers: THis happens and Dolby Unbound Sound keeps turning on automatically, how do I disable it permanently. THanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phones-plugged-in-but-audio-coming-out-of/70213420-2c73-4723-8a3f-24d19a40b8bc
  5. Using head phones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using head phones: I bought my HP laptop from my employer and there may be corp settings that are locking out my headphone jack? When I try using the troubleshoot process to check the audio for headphones it asks for my product key. Is this a setting I can modify? I do not have the product...
  6. head phones

head phones: the jack for the headphones doesn't seem to be working.. when I go into the apt to find the sound icons.. it only shows speakers working.. it will not go to headphones...
  7. Head phones not working

Head phones not working: How do I make my head phones work after upgrading from 7 to 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phones-not-working/a809852e-d6b3-402e-a7ce-8348d313d6b2
  8. Bose head phone.

Bose head phone.: trying to set up to my laptop asus and cant get it hook up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bose-head-phone/7917f9fd-d079-4edf-a19f-57e2d512268a
  9. head phone jack

head phone jack: How do you disable the headphone jack on a HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phone-jack/e61004f1-1b8d-40c2-909b-ea200ab7b18e
  10. head phones not working

head phones not working: head phones not working on windows 10 realtek hd audio manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/head-phones-not-working/1c8d914f-b484-4148-bee0-9a50d12c29ed