Windows 10: Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same.

Discus and support Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a problem with my audio for the past 3 months or so. When I decide to use my audio for a video, music, etc.. the playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chriscarver1, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same.

Hello,

I have been having a problem with my audio for the past 3 months or so. When I decide to use my audio for a video, music, etc.. the playback will be very slow and distorted. When playing a video, the video will be slow and distorted as well. I run the troubleshooter constantly which will fix the issue once the audio services have been restarted, only to have the same issue 5 minutes later if I step away from my computer for a minute or swith to a task not requiring audio. I have rolled back the drivers, uninstalled and re-installed, deleted apps I thought may have been the problem, you name it. Is there anyone out there that has had this issue and what you did to fix it? I am at a loss here. My motherboard is the Asus TUF Gaming X570 plus wi-fi if that helps narrow anything down.

Thank you in advance!

:)

chriscarver1, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 caused video distortion

Hi Mitchell,

Please answer the question below to assist you further.

- Did you make any changes prior to this issue.

- Does this happen while watching online videos or downloaded videos?

- Does this happen with all the videos?

I suggest you to update the graphic card drivers and check.

Follow the steps below to Update drivers in Windows 10

• Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    • While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:
      • Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.
      • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.
      • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      • If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
    • If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with video distortion, your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same.

Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

Hi,

Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented
    here;

None of the things suggested in the other posts seem to be a permanent solution. Does anybody have one? I don't have much hope as the only people who look in these places are those with a problem. Why would you look if you already had the solution. But I'm
    here in hope. Anyone know?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Milton, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same.

1. Audio will become slow and distorted, causing video to do the same. - Similar Threads - Audio become slow

2. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...: I noticed this first while playing video game on my laptop. Whenever there are a lot of activities happening on the screen, the audio distorts for a second. The video does not get affected by it; and there are no video spikes and no lags. Just the audio distorting for a...
  3. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...: I noticed this first while playing video game on my laptop. Whenever there are a lot of activities happening on the screen, the audio distorts for a second. The video does not get affected by it; and there are no video spikes and no lags. Just the audio distorting for a...
  4. Why does my laptop's audio become distorted for a second while watching videos and playing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio becomes distorted after launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio becomes distorted after launching a game: This problem is only present in games. Everything else is fine; spotify, youtube, etc. I'll launch a game and after a bit 30 seconds ish the audio becomes super tiny and thin. Before this happens, the audio sounds normal and full. This is happening on all of my headphones....
  6. Audio becomes distorted after launching a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio becomes distorted after launching a game: This problem is only present in games. Everything else is fine; spotify, youtube, etc. I'll launch a game and after a bit 30 seconds ish the audio becomes super tiny and thin. Before this happens, the audio sounds normal and full. This is happening on all of my headphones....
  7. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down: So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem...
  8. Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input

Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input: I have a Razer Blade Pro 17' 2017, I am currently using a UAD Arrow audio interface which is connected through thunderbolt 3 as the microphone input and output on my pc. The crackling/distortion does not happen inside of my DAW that I use for music production, but when I...
  9. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...
  10. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker: In my right speaker, I have a slight distortion when i hear high-pitched sounds. I checked on my headphones and I dont hear it. I updated my Realtek audio drivers a few times. It improved the first time. I still have a subtle issue and I'm not sure what to do. I switched...