Windows 10: Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Discus and support Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound only comes out of my Surface Book speakers and not through my headphones in the headphone jack. I have switched the headphones being used and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LauraHoover, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Sound only comes out of my Surface Book speakers and not through my headphones in the headphone jack. I have switched the headphones being used and restarted my computer multiple times, but nothing is helping. My PC detects that the headphones are plugged in, but still sound is coming through my speakers and not my headphones.

:)

LauraHoover, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Audio playback through headphones and speakers

Hi Greg,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you thinking play audio through speakers and headphones at the same time?
    If yes, it's not possible to do so. You can only play audio through speaker or headphones at once.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding Windows.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

1. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers. - Similar Threads - Audio through headphones

2. Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.: I can only hear audio through the internal speakers but not headphones, All the headphones work on other devices. The headphones appear as a sound output device. If I run the troubleshooter, sound is restored to the headphones for a few minutes but then the problem recurs....
  3. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  4. Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.: I'm attending a virtual concert in a couple of days. I have some LED lights in my room that I can sync with audio through the mic on my phone, and I want to do this to add a little bit of atmosphere. Unfortunately I cannot play music loud out of my laptop speakers as I live...
  5. Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-audio-play-through-my-computers/13f854ab-7d1d-4e6f-a64c-29ce8227777b
  6. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  7. I have headphones plugged into my computer, but the audio only goes through my speakers not...

I have headphones plugged into my computer, but the audio only goes through my speakers not...: How do I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-plugged-into-my-computer-but-the/941760b8-c59c-4a57-bb39-af391f96815d
  8. No sound through speakers only through headphones

No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  9. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  10. Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.: I plug in headphones and I can listen to music or youtube through the headphones, but when I try and play a game, the audio plays through my laptop speakers. Is there any way to fix this and have everything playing in my headphones?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio coming through headphones not speaker

2. realtek audio only coming through speakers and not headphones