Windows 10: Audio will not play when accessed from another app

Discus and support Audio will not play when accessed from another app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 10 and older versions my photo album would play an different mp3 file when I clicked from one photo to another. It no longer plays the mp3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeorgeWolf4, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Audio will not play when accessed from another app

In Windows 10 and older versions my photo album would play an different mp3 file when I clicked from one photo to another. It no longer plays the mp3 file. The same app on my wife's windows 10 computer works fine. Can anybody help me with this?

:)

GeorgeWolf4, Jan 31, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to Access Audio Enhancements

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to try uninstalling your audio driver and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on Driver tab.
    • Select Uninstall.
    Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Audio will not play when accessed from another app

My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio will not play when accessed from another app

1. Audio will not play when accessed from another app - Similar Threads - Audio play accessed

2. When playing audio from another service i.e Spotify, Youtube tab from microsoft edge, CPU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing audio from another service i.e Spotify, Youtube tab from microsoft edge, CPU...: I am using a CYBORG 15 A12V Laptop from MSI. I tried uninstalling Nahimic and all drivers related to it. I got rid of the issue one moment after disabling nahimic and uninstalling most of the drivers. But after a reboot, I am now experiencing the same issues as before even...
  3. When playing audio from another service i.e Spotify, Youtube tab from microsoft edge, CPU...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playing audio from another service i.e Spotify, Youtube tab from microsoft edge, CPU...: I am using a CYBORG 15 A12V Laptop from MSI. I tried uninstalling Nahimic and all drivers related to it. I got rid of the issue one moment after disabling nahimic and uninstalling most of the drivers. But after a reboot, I am now experiencing the same issues as before even...
  4. Long delay when playing audio from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long delay when playing audio from speakers: I really don't know how to explain the problem clearly so I'm going to write down what I am experiencing.Around a few days ago I started to notice that Window sounds, such as plugging/unplugging a device was delayed. I would plug in a device, and it wouldn't give me the...
  5. Long delay when playing audio from speakers

Long delay when playing audio from speakers: I really don't know how to explain the problem clearly so I'm going to write down what I am experiencing.Around a few days ago I started to notice that Window sounds, such as plugging/unplugging a device was delayed. I would plug in a device, and it wouldn't give me the...
  6. Long delay when playing audio from speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Trying to prevent audio from playing from one application while another application is...

Trying to prevent audio from playing from one application while another application is...: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-from-playing-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  8. download folder grouped date when trying to access from another app is okay when viewing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download folder grouped date when trying to access from another app is okay when viewing...: After the latest windows update my download folder was grouping by date. I went to the group by tab on the ribbon, changed it to none and clicked apply to all folders in change folders and search options. That cleared up the view when looking at the download folder. The...
  9. Accessing an Audio App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing an Audio App: I am using a Media Player called "Power Media Player." However, the mp3s stored in my files are using a different one. How do I switch it? I already know how to go through the menu system to switch until it asks to select a file. I am assuming that that leads to the file that...
  10. Another BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another BSOD When Playing Games: Thought I fixed the issue on another post but its still giving me the BSOD. Heres the link for the minidump. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq3ug20ai5i1h20/Minidump.zip?dl=0...