Windows 10: AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers

Discus and support AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yeah, i plug in my headphones with mic and it recognizes my mic and a speaker, headphones option doesnt appear when trying to re task my connector... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerardA.1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. GerardA.1 Win User

AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers

Yeah, i plug in my headphones with mic and it recognizes my mic and a speaker, headphones option doesnt appear when trying to re task my connector thingy

:)

GerardA.1, Apr 10, 2019

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Bose wireless headphones not recognized.

Remove headphones from Device Manager

Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow
    these steps:

On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.

Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.

Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.

Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver

If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling
    the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.

Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:

Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties

Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.

Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers

Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users
    reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2019
  4. AhriChan Win User

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. AUDIO - Windows recognizes my headphones as spekers - Similar Threads - AUDIO recognizes headphones

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  4. Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone: My earphones and my headphones both have built in mics, but whenever I plug them in I only have the option to select mic OR headphone and if i select mic it doesn't work anyway. There is literally no way for that the computer will recognize that my headphones have a...
  5. Headphones as spekers pls help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones as spekers pls help: This is how I bought new headphones and I need a microphone from them but my PC doesn't show it's on at all and the headphones show up as speakers I really don't know how to fix it. But mic works on another pc......
  6. Headphones as spekers pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as spekers pls help: This is how I bought new headphones and I need a microphone from them but my PC doesn't show it's on at all and the headphones show up as speakers I really don't know how to fix it. But mic works on another pc......
  7. Headphones as spekers pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows can't recognize my headphone as an audio output

Windows can't recognize my headphone as an audio output: Dear Microsoft community,I'm having an issue with audio output. when I plug my headphone into the audio output jack port, nothing happens and windows continue to work on the Speaker. I don't know what would cause this problem to happen, but it doesn't work until I reboot the...
  9. Headphones recognized but no audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones recognized but no audio: I purchased an MSI P65 Creator 9SD laptop during the summer for school. Since then, it has worked well for most things, but 2-3 times over the past 5 months, the audio has stopped working for the 3.5 mm jack. The built-in speakers and Bluetooth headphones work fine. When I...
  10. Dolby Audio not recognizing Headphones

Dolby Audio not recognizing Headphones: I purchased a laptop that came with the Dolby Software. before i was able to connect my headphones and a "Headphone mode" would basically show up on the software so i can get a lot better quality with stronger bass, recently it completely stopped recognizing my headphones and...