Windows 10: Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer

Discus and support Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday got a pair of razer krakens and downloaded the driver software for them. Sound worked perfectly then. Today I plug in my headphones and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A3-2l, Oct 9, 2020.

1. /u/A3-2l Win User

Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer

Yesterday got a pair of razer krakens and downloaded the driver software for them. Sound worked perfectly then. Today I plug in my headphones and no sound comes out. The computer detects them but no sound comes out. I tried it with another headset and it didn’t work. I’m 99% its not the aux port. I tried these headsets on other devices and they worked fine. I’ve reset my computer many times and have shut it down and restarted it agin many times. I can only get the audio to come out of the computer speakers. I was however able to connect my AirPods to my computer successfully but they have their own audio driver separate of windows. As in the sound was going through “Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio). I tried uninstalling the razer audio driver but couldn’t find a way to. What should I do.

submitted by /u/A3-2l
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A3-2l, Oct 9, 2020

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset

My xbox game bar audio output device is set to my razer headset, but the audio comes out of my speakers instead. I unplugged and plugged back in my headset, and restarted my computer. I also tried unplugging my speakers, but then I have no audio. Everything
    else comes out of my headset, just the xbox party audio comes out of my head set. How to I fix this?

MickeyPham, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer

My headset is plugged in via USB but there is no audio.

My headset, plugged in, does not have any audio. I have tried everything to fix this issue. The main problem is that my computer says it is not plugged in; I have tried all available USB ports. There is no device in my sound setting that resembles my headset.
    I had broken the audio 3.5mm jack so I bought a cheap USB headset to resolve the issue at hand. There is power going to the headset (it is lighting up). I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled then updated; I have unplugged, replugged; I have restarted
    my computer. There is no way to set the audio device as default since it does not even show up! It is plugged in and no matter what port I plug my headset into, the computer just will not recognize an additional device plugged in. I am truly aggravated AHHH!

DaltonSwift, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer

1. Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer - Similar Threads - Audio won’t headsets

2. My headset is plugged and the Audio is working but my computer keeps using the integrated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is plugged and the Audio is working but my computer keeps using the integrated...: To put it simply... I've tried:Going to Manage Audio Devices > Playback > recording , I can't find my Headset connected.In Manage Audio Devices, I right-clicked and checked show disabled devices and show disconnected devices, still there's nothingReinstalling the Audio...
  3. My headset is plugged and the Audio is working but my computer keeps using the integrated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset is plugged and the Audio is working but my computer keeps using the integrated...: To put it simply... I've tried:Going to Manage Audio Devices > Playback > recording , I can't find my Headset connected.In Manage Audio Devices, I right-clicked and checked show disabled devices and show disconnected devices, still there's nothingReinstalling the Audio...
  4. My headset is plugged and the Audio is working but my computer keeps using the integrated...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers: THis happens and Dolby Unbound Sound keeps turning on automatically, how do I disable it permanently. THanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phones-plugged-in-but-audio-coming-out-of/70213420-2c73-4723-8a3f-24d19a40b8bc
  6. no sound is coming out of my wired headset

no sound is coming out of my wired headset: No sound is coming out of my wired headset, it has an adapter that goes from a 2 male 3.5mm jacks to a 3.5mm female then my headset plugs into the female. I have tried a lot but it hasn't worked since yesterday . this problem started when i tried to play VR and launched...
  7. Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset: My xbox game bar audio output device is set to my razer headset, but the audio comes out of my speakers instead. I unplugged and plugged back in my headset, and restarted my computer. I also tried unplugging my speakers, but then I have no audio. Everything else comes out of...
  8. My grandparents’ computer won’t come back on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My grandparents’ computer won’t come back on: Hello! I just read a similar post but, sadly, was unable to find something to help with my grandparents’ machine. My grandfather says that he was checking out a site that he goes on quite frequently called 24hourcampfire.com when, quite suddenly, the screen went blue with...
  9. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  10. Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset: Ok, the title might sound confusing. But my audio is coming out both my speak and headset but my computer isn't able to read that my headset is there on device manager nor audio control panel. I have reinstalled my audio drivers multiple times and still no avail. I am...