Windows 10: Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

Discus and support Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As stated, my audio works fine. I have no problem with any sound files EXCEPT for Windows events/actions such as Startup, Shutdown, error, even the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RJKJR, Jan 17, 2020.

1. RJKJR Win User

Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

As stated, my audio works fine. I have no problem with any sound files EXCEPT for Windows events/actions such as Startup, Shutdown, error, even the "click" sound for a mouse key does not work for Windows, but the sounds are there for anything other than Windows. When I use the trouble shooter everything is properly identified such as input and output device but when I try to play the test of a sound listed for windows events nothing happens. If I do a search for "WAV" files I can play them without issue, it is just that they will not play when an event occurs. It is almost as if they are no longer associated with the events in windows.

I've read all of the topics I can find on this including the ones on this site, nothing has helped.

This started about a year ago. It hasn't really bothered me, other than I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions?

:)

RJKJR, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Microphone audio is distorted when I listen to audio playback in Windows but fine in Realktek Audio Manager

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the sound on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

I would like to inform that there will be same drivers for audio from motherboard and sound card. Windows will have basic audio drivers for the operating system (Realtek).

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Audio options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver

Also, if you find the latest drivers you can install them manually on your device.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

Issues streaming and playback audio and video

Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files
    with Windows Media Player or Groove. Only solution is restart the laptop waiting to see it happen again. Quite annoying.

Some details:

- Dell Precision 7510 (I7 6920HQ, 16gb ram, SSD drive)

- Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803 build 17134.165

- Problem occurs in all browsers in all sites that stream (YouTube, Netflix, Soundcloud)

- Problem occurs in every program that plays e.g. MP3 files (Groove, Windows Media Player)

- Problem does NOT occur in at least one program: Guitar Pro 7.5, which can play from guitar tabs (midi and a 'realistic soung engine')

- I don't get really good errormessages (If I get one it's somthing like 'can't playback/stream')

Tried:

- install new audio drivers (no effect)

- restart network (no effect)

- with and without vpn (work) (no effect)

- release ip (no effect)

- reboot (works for a short while)

I'm beginning to become quite desparate... can't think of anything else right now.

MarcVolgers, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

1. Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows... - Similar Threads - Audio works fine

2. Playback Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playback Audio: Instead of having Speakers / Headphones how do I separate it so the Speakers and Headphones becomes its own playback device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-audio/150b5de2-5a67-40e6-98fb-4937062eb559
  3. Playback Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playback Audio: Instead of having Speakers / Headphones how do I separate it so the Speakers and Headphones becomes its own playback device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-audio/150b5de2-5a67-40e6-98fb-4937062eb559
  4. no audio playback

no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  5. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  6. All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?

All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?: Windows updated today 4-13-21 to version Win10 64 v 20H2 All audio drivers are updated. El Gato Wave 3 mic, NOT using the Wave Length Software, so that isn't an issue. Never have used it. Microphone is working, and is detected by Windows, by online mic testers, and I...
  7. Audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio playback: I have external speakers connected to the mic analog port and all tests work properly. Sound stopped working when connected to a newscast or movie streamed from the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playback/c92e5260-3c25-4e9f-9b6d-474d4bd6b6ac
  8. All Audio Except System Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All Audio Except System Audio not working.: None of my audio besides system audio is working. When i first start my computer up everything will work for 1-2 minutes then all application audio stops. Audio does not appear in my mixer or on any other device. if i go to computer management and reset windows audio service...
  9. audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playback: i first noticed no audio on the internet...then I tried windows media player still nothing...I checked my aftermarket speakers, and all seems right...I checked the master volume control ...ok...I checked the volume playback thing...it says the device is working properly...I...
  10. Issues streaming and playback audio and video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues streaming and playback audio and video: Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files with Windows Media...