Windows 10: audio

Discus and support audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; is their a way for the computer to have the sound off for the computer speakers but on when I plug the headphones in. like it was on windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wolferret, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. Wolferret Win User

audio

is their a way for the computer to have the sound off for the computer speakers but on when I plug the headphones in. like it was on windows 7

:)

2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:22 AM
  4. fireberd Win User

audio

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

Thema:

audio

1. audio - Similar Threads - audio

2. Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency: As the title suggests, this wireless adapter is causing latency which results in a very annoying desynchronization between audio and video over time when playing videos. This happens in all situations, both when streaming online and when using any media player to play back...
  3. Windows won't detect anything plugged into 3.5mm audio jack

Windows won't detect anything plugged into 3.5mm audio jack: I completely wiped my entire hard drive and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows but it still won't detect any headphones I plug in. It shows up as though there's nothing plugged in. Tried with multiple headphones. Every other port on my front IO works (USB, power, reset) but...
  4. Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both: Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset...
  5. Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both: Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...
  7. Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX)

Audio through one set of speakers (PC and XBOX): My PC is connected to my monitor via a DVI-D port and my Xbox is connected to my monitor via HDMI (my monitor only has one HDMI port) I want to be able to hear audio on the devices when i switch to them. Currently if I have my speakers plugged into my PC i can hear the...
  8. Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio

Noise or Distortion in my Laptop Audio: Hi Microsoft Community, After updating my Dell Inspiron 7373 Realtek Audio Device, a very irritating noise/distortion speaker sound showed up and Idk why??? I rolled back the audio device driver but nothing happened, by the way. Thanks in advance guys!!!...
  9. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  10. Realtek Audio keeps disconnecting & crashing when Headphones plugged in

Realtek Audio keeps disconnecting & crashing when Headphones plugged in: Hello, I've been having this very frustrating problem on a new Dell Inspirion Windows 10 PC Desktop. The computer itself works fine but the sound doesn't when I plug in headphones. I don't have any proper PC speakers yet as it didn't come with any but that's fair enough. I...