Windows 10: Audio

Discus and support Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC gives no sound, problem is with the driver. How do I solve it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheoSkosana, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Audio

My PC gives no sound, problem is with the driver. How do I solve it?

:)

TheoSkosana, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Audio

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Audio

1. Audio - Similar Threads - Audio

2. Since building a custom PC my mic pics up ALL Desktop audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since building a custom PC my mic pics up ALL Desktop audio.: When i custom built my pc i discovered this was an issue. I then bought a new Headset Mic and the issue still persists and it wasn't the case on my old pc. I've literally tried everything and still can not fix the issue: -Separating all input jacks as independent input...
  3. Windows thinks video device is audio now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows thinks video device is audio now: Ever since the new Windows 10 update, my computer now thinks my video device is an audio device. Specifically, it is a USB-plugable microscope. I could go back to the previous version (before the update) but I can only do that for so long. I need a permanent solution. (Other...
  4. Audio randomly stopped working?

Audio randomly stopped working?: Hello, i opened up my pc to play some games today and realized my audio wasnt working, my speakers are not muted, drivers are up to date, and is showing up on my pc as working but i cant hear any audio coming from it. i dont know what to do and i dont know how to solve this,...
  5. Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround

Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround: I have a soundbar that is connected via an optical cable, and a subwoofer that is connected via aux, and I want them to work in unison. Ive looked into doing this before but didn't really find anything, if someone could point me to the right menus or link a tutorial would be...
  6. PS photos app - audio being lost from videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS photos app - audio being lost from videos: Hi, I'm using MS photos 2020.20110.11001.0 on a Windows 10 laptop. I'm have a frustrating time with the app. When I bring in a video into a new Video project and place it on the story board it initially plays fine in the preview window. But when I then bring in another...
  7. Webcam audio not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Webcam audio not working with Windows 10: Hi, I brought a plug and play Larmtek webcam but now my audio doesn't work. In Zoom it says failed to detect your audio. Even when I unplug it and restart my computer, audio doesn't work with it unplugged. Have I broken my computer!! I'm not techy minded so solutions in...
  8. Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue: Hello, Recently I wanted to switch my Realtek Audio drivers to Realtek High Definition Audio to get the enhancement tab. I downloaded the installer from realtek's website. When i first the file, it uninstalls my current drivers to replace them with the HD ones, then it...
  9. How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack

How to force audio out to built in speakers when mic is plugged in headphone jack: I've plugged in a PowerDeWise lapel microphone in my laptop's single (headphone) jack. It works. I want the audio out to come through the built in speakers instead of the jack, but it seems that once I've got something plugged in the headphone jack, it wants to output through...
  10. Audio is Reversed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is Reversed: MY AUDIO IS REVERSED! My friend on the other end can't hear me but he can hear my game. IT SHOULD BE THE OPPOSITE! He should only hear my voice, not my game. I've had this problem so many times and I have no idea why. I don't mess with any of the settings, I just restart my...