Windows 10: Audio

Discus and support Audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer all of a sudden is not connected to an audio device and is telling me it cannot find an input or output device. I do not understand why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexandragraduate, May 10, 2021.

1. Audio

My computer all of a sudden is not connected to an audio device and is telling me it cannot find an input or output device. I do not understand why this is happening. I've tried everything in settings and it wont fix. I am still waiting on a call from support. Does anyone know how I can fix my audio?

:)

Alexandragraduate, May 10, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 10, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, May 10, 2021
  4. Audio

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Audio

1. Audio - Similar Threads - Audio

2. Audio Is Quiet At 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Is Quiet At 100%: Recently I turned on my pc to play some games on it, When i got into the game I realized that the sound was different from the last time I played. The sounds were extremely loud, I thought it was just the game, but when I closed out of the game and went onto my browser to...
  3. Potentially haunted audio

Potentially haunted audio: Quick rundown: Plugged in headset mic, mic didnt work. Messed around with settings a bit and checked every google search page on the topic on the entire internet, nothing. Eventually plugged in two headsets, one for output and one for input, it kinda works but mic audio is...
  4. Audio splitter not working when using it on cosmic byte G4000 head phones and audio...

Audio splitter not working when using it on cosmic byte G4000 head phones and audio...: pls help today the splitter and headphones arrived but when i combine the and connect to my pc it is not workingmy laptop model is lenovo G580 and the operating system is windows 10 64-bit pls help...
  5. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.: I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded from a Geforce 1050Ti to a 1660 SUPER. Basically, whenever the HDD usage reaches around 100/80%, the audio stutters really badly and video seems to freeze as well because of this, in simpler terms, think of it as the short...
  6. No Audio Output Device is Installed issue cannot resolve by roll backing updates or driver...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio Output Device is Installed issue cannot resolve by roll backing updates or driver...: After updating with several major updates in my Windows 10 pro laptop's input microphone & output speakers shows "No Audio Output Device is Installed" & appeared red cross on the speaker at taskbar. I have tried with common tasks respectively....Performed Inbuilt...
  7. I am unable to enable stereo audio in my WINDOWS 10 laptop for my bluetooth earphones

I am unable to enable stereo audio in my WINDOWS 10 laptop for my bluetooth earphones: I have a bluetooth earphones and I am able to connect my headphones.Problem -1 This was status of my connection. Actually, it should show Connected voice, music.Problem-2 There is no stereo audio option showing in the above option. So , the sound quality is worst in my...
  8. Audio Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Troubles: Hi! I'm having some trouble with audio input. If I play videos from the internet, like YouTube, I can hear things just fine. But if I try to record a video or anything that needs audio input, I can't hear anything when I play it back. Is something wrong with my settings? I...
  9. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update: A recently-found audio bug in Windows 10 has just been fixed by Microsoft, but at the moment it’s only available to people who download and install the latest optional preview update (KB5003690). For those unaware, after recent cumulative updates, Windows 10 users have been...
  10. No audio from my new speakers

No audio from my new speakers: I had speakers working before I moved to this new location. When I moved here, the speakers didn't work, so I thought they somehow got broken and I threw them away. I just replaced them with new Logitech speakers and I can't get them to work on my computer again. I tested...