Windows 10: Audit failed

Discus and support Audit failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! Just a question I always wondered about: what logged errors in the category Audit failed actually mean? hope I translated it right, because in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win10usr, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Win10usr Win User

Audit failed

Hi!

Just a question I always wondered about: what logged errors in the category Audit failed actually mean? hope I translated it right, because in Dutch it's something like Controle mislukt (check failed). Normally this category isn't even visible in the logs, but very rarely there appears an error there, for example after updating an NVIDIA driver. Also 3 of those errors appeared once after updating to Win 10 Creators Edition yesterday. On a laptop with a secondary NVIDIA GPU, coincidentially.

Anyway, what do those kind of rare errors (if they are to be considered as errors? mean? Are they fatal ones and do they have influence on the integrity of the system? Or is it something else much less 'dangerous'? Never found a clear answer to this. Often if such an error happens after a week the category dissappears from the logs. Until a new Windows upgrade or - very sometimes - a driver install.

Greetings!

:)

Win10usr, Apr 12, 2017

2. Games crashing - Permissions error?

NVcamerawhitelisting64.

Ever since the end of january driver update for nvidia, i see the exact same issue pop up in the security audit section of the eventviewer.

Sometimes no "event logs" to as much as 25, all excl. that 1 file that fails to pass the security audit.

Funny, because before it was the nvspcap64 dll, which is about recording, but that problem has since the update gone and apparantly been 'replaced', as it were.

I think its because the file isnt signed right, so to windows 10, its like its a wrong (hash)signature.

I also think its not the cause of your issues, as my games all run fine despite those failed audits.

Just google nv camera whitelisting, it doesnt show up untill january 2018 as problematic.

Nvidia messed something up.

GerbenS_1980, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Audit

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details of your Windows. Let us start your computer in
    Safe Mode, once you are logged in to safe mode, rename the folder named
    SoftwareDistribution by following this path c:\Windows\ SoftwareDistribution. Reboot your computer to test.

Please let us if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Win10usr Win User

Audit failed

Just made a screenshot to illustrate what I meant above ;-) As you see it happened only once and I remember this error also from updating to the Anniversary Edition. And installing a NVIDA-driver. But WHAT does it mean...? *Huh
    Audit failed [​IMG]

Win10usr, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

Audit failed

1. Audit failed - Similar Threads - Audit failed

2. About 300 security audit messages per minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About 300 security audit messages per minute: I am running Windows 11 home on my desktop PC and I am experiencing a huge number of security audit messages - typically 300 per second. My laptop on which I am writing this typically only experiences about 50 per minute. On the desktop, over a 3 minute period there were...
  3. About 300 security audit messages per minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About 300 security audit messages per minute: I am running Windows 11 home on my desktop PC and I am experiencing a huge number of security audit messages - typically 300 per second. My laptop on which I am writing this typically only experiences about 50 per minute. On the desktop, over a 3 minute period there were...
  4. Audit failed for all running web browsers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audit failed for all running web browsers in Windows 10: Dear Team,Regarding to Event Viewer when web browsers are runningMS Edge, Google Chrome, Naver whale Event ID 4673 There are thousands of Audit Failure for Web browsersAnd also Windows Security alert is never over.Maybe that's why my computer is slowing down because I'm...
  5. Audit failed for all running web browsers in Windows 10

Audit failed for all running web browsers in Windows 10: Dear Team,Regarding to Event Viewer when web browsers are runningMS Edge, Google Chrome, Naver whale Event ID 4673 There are thousands of Audit Failure for Web browsersAnd also Windows Security alert is never over.Maybe that's why my computer is slowing down because I'm...
  6. Audit failed for all running web browsers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My laptop keeps crashing. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps crashing. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0: My laptop crashes multiple times throughout the day. I've been able to go view the crash logs with the Event Viewer. It could be a hardware issue because these crashes happen while I'm playing more demanding games more often than they do while I'm not. But they do...
  8. My laptop keeps crashing. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

My laptop keeps crashing. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0: My laptop crashes multiple times throughout the day. I've been able to go view the crash logs with the Event Viewer. It could be a hardware issue because these crashes happen while I'm playing more demanding games more often than they do while I'm not. But they do...
  9. My laptop keeps crashing. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Service will not execute fails Security Audit

Windows Service will not execute fails Security Audit: Hello I have a Visual Studio 2017 C# .Net Windows Service project that includes a Project installer. The service installs and executes fine in a Windows 7 OS but will not execute when installed on a Windows 10 OS. When trying to start the service on a Windows 10 OS the Event...