Windows 10: Audit policy

Discus and support Audit policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I want to monitor user activities of each user, and I'm using winlogbeat on windows server VM to collect audit log. I enabled recommended policy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aa4654, Feb 7, 2022.

1. aa4654 Win User

Audit policy

Hi! I want to monitor user activities of each user, and I'm using winlogbeat on windows server VM to collect audit log. I enabled recommended policy following this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/plan/security-best-practices/audit-policy-recommendationsI haven't login the machine for days, but the log still show many processes created by my user. For example, C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe is created. It's has user test2, but I did not login as test2 for weeks. Another example, C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe is created with my user test2, and I did not ru

:)

aa4654, Feb 7, 2022
  2. MohanRaj5 Win User

Advance Audit Policies are not being applied via GPO

Advanced Audit Policy Configuration inclusive of System Audit Policies like Account Logon, Account Management, DS Access, Logon/Logoff, etc are not being applied on the servers when GPO is implemented for the same.

We have additional settings applied via same GPO which is successfully applied.

MohanRaj5, Feb 7, 2022
  3. grmbl Win User
    Change audit policy through the Registry

I'm developing an application to read audit event log entries.
    But I'm stuck on my home notebook with Windows 10 Home and I can't start
    gpedit.msc or secpol.msc. Thus I have to enable logon audit events through the Registry. I came up with this location:

These are the resources I've found:

This is my current setting:

Audit policy g01NC.png

How should I change the setting to have logon successes logged to the Event Log?

grmbl, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Audit policy

Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Audit policy

1. Audit policy - Similar Threads - Audit policy

2. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  3. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  4. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise audit policy how to find out cost of implementation?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Enterprise audit policy how to find out cost of implementation?: I am looking for support how to justify audit policy for network drive.Person name who last modified document is intermittently available on network drive but consistently available in SharePoint.How to know the Pros and Cons of implementing audit policy or is there a better...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise audit policy how to find out cost of implementation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise audit policy how to find out cost of implementation?: I am looking for support how to justify audit policy for network drive.Person name who last modified document is intermittently available on network drive but consistently available in SharePoint.How to know the Pros and Cons of implementing audit policy or is there a better...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise audit policy how to find out cost of implementation?

8. Audit policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audit policy: Hi! I want to monitor user activities of each user, and I'm using winlogbeat on windows server VM to collect audit log. I enabled recommended policy following this link...
  9. Audit policy

Audit policy: Hi! I want to monitor user activities of each user, and I'm using winlogbeat on windows server VM to collect audit log. I enabled recommended policy following this link...
  10. Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit: Hi Community,I found this post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e209a8d7-119a-4e5f-819a-f4f323e1777a/auditing-windows-firewall-rules?forum=ITCGand wanted to share an audit script I made. Since it was "archived", I'm posting here. This is designed to make an...