Windows 10: Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

Discus and support Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karanza725, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to take ownership of that folder first before you can audit or give effective access to that folder?

Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking this question for informational purposes only.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

Karanza725, Jan 4, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 4, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

1. Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer - Similar Threads - Auditing Effective Access

2. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  3. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  4. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How effective is Windows Controlled Folder Access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How effective is Windows Controlled Folder Access?: I have my laptop continuously connected to external disk drives for backup purposes. Backups take place through the day at scheduled times with no intervention by me. I use Macrium Reflect and GoodSync. Since I see a risk in that ransomware could access my backup disks I...
  6. regaining access of a folder owned by System

regaining access of a folder owned by System: Hi One of my family members has installed Your Phone on my pc in order to remotely control my pc. I believe they are using it to remotely copy teamviewer or equivulent on my pc. Despite trying to uninstall it it's still on my pc and they have manually locked me out of the...
  7. DELETE TRUSTED INSTALLER/ALL ACCESS TO ME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DELETE TRUSTED INSTALLER/ALL ACCESS TO ME: I want to be able to modify Windows as I see fit. Apparently you cannot change permissions to yourself from trusted installer per web instructions. How dare we get rid of the garbage known as cortana, or delete all of the files that MAKE you accept advertizements. Even if...
  8. access to trusted sites?

access to trusted sites?: How do I allow a website thru the firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-trusted-sites/976dd057-e7e2-4fed-870c-09e990365850
  9. Folder Auditing/Effective Access

Folder Auditing/Effective Access: In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to take ownership of that folder first before you can audit or give effective access to that folder? Please Note: I am not...
  10. Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer: Does anyone know if its possible to change the attributes (under properties) to "Hidden" if a file or folder is owned by TrustedInstaller? or will it simply not allow you to do so? The reason why I'm asking this question is because I remember back in Windows XP, you'd have to...