Windows 10: Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching

Discus and support Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tested the below scenario on my machine, 1. Opened gpedit.msc 2. Navigated to "Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vignesh BabuMRJ, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching

I tested the below scenario on my machine,

1. Opened gpedit.msc

2. Navigated to "Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Advanced Audit Policy Configuration\Audit Policies\Account Logon\Audit Credential Validation"

3. It showed "Not Configured"

4. Executed "auditpol /set /subcategory:"credential validation", /failure:disable /success:enable"

5. auditpol /get /subcategory:"credential validation" and got the output below.

C:\Users\Administrator>auditpol /get /subcategory:"credential validation"
    System audit policy
    Category/Subcategory Setting
    Account Logon
    Credential Validation Success and Failure

6. But still the gpedit.msc shows not configured.
    7. Then when I execute gpupdate or restart my machine.
    8. I execute "auditpol /get /subcategory:"credential validation" and then got the below output.
    C:\Users\Administrator>auditpol /get /subcategory:"credential validation"
    System audit policy
    Category/Subcategory Setting
    Account Logon
    Credential Validation No Auditing

When we restart or execute gpupdate, Whatever displayed on the gpedit.msc is set to the Audit credential validation policy.

Is there any solution to update the gpedit.msc using command. Or is there any work around for this.

:)

Vignesh BabuMRJ, Jun 24, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jun 24, 2020
  3. how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching

gpedit

[Windows Tip] How to Install and Enable "Group Policy Editor" (gpedit.msc) in Home Edition - AskVG
    i run this program on a Windows 7 home premium edition. When i tried to upgrade to Windows 10, all the settings made with this program was erased. And the program wasn't recognized. This program only make changes in the registry so i think it's strange that
    the Windows 10 upgrade totally erased the configurations i had made. The reason i use this program is mainly because i want to password protect when installing programs. Among other things. Allso access to the network to my computer is disabled with this gpedit
    program. Can this be fixed, that Windows 10 don't erase the registry settings?

Thanks in advance.

gpeditgpedit, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching

1. Auditpol and Gpedit.msc policy values are mismatching - Similar Threads - Auditpol Gpedit msc

2. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  3. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  4. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  6. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  7. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  8. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT: Hello, I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for filtering nor an option in the Action menu. Please see the picture below. [ATTACH] How can I restore the option to filter...
  9. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...
  10. Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??: Long story short, I've got an HP printer that was having some problems and HP support gave me a .reg file to run, which consisted of the following: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]...