Windows 10: Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate.

Discus and support Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I restart my PC or every time I unplug or plug in my headset I lose my Audio settings in windows. I like to always have "DTS Headphone:X" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MathewArmstrong, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate.

Every time I restart my PC or every time I unplug or plug in my headset I lose my Audio settings in windows. I like to always have "DTS Headphone:X" as my spacial audio setting but every time it defaults to "Windows Sonic" which is total garbage but that's not my main concern as I can change that in 2 clicks from the taskbar. What's annoying me is my Corsair Virtuoso SE's have the ability to run at 24Bit/96kHz Studio Audio. To change change this its not as simple, I have to go sound settings - device properties - additional device properties - advanced. Sometimes this setting just randomly gets lost without a restart or disconnect. It can simply just switch itself back to 16bit/48kHz and when it does this it loses spacial audio completely and goes to "Off". This happens on a fully up to date fresh install of windows, so the issue isn't related to an update or corrupt files. This happens with and without the headphones own software installed and no the headphones don't change the settings themselves, I've already checked with Corsair. AND! This happens with a totally different headset I have that uses Aux instead of USB. So its not even a USB issue.

:)

MathewArmstrong, Jul 28, 2020
  2. trigan5 Win User

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Horrible quality sound via bluetooth, It sounds like its stream is at a low bit rate so all the high frequencies create crackling distorted.

1. HTC

2. HD7 T9292

3. HEYAH

4. 7.10.8107.79

5. latest

6. Windows 7

I bought nokia bluetooth headset NOKIA BH-111 ive connected it to my HTC HD7, and first thing ive noticed is horrible downgrade of sound quality via BT set, So contacted friend of mine, borrowed form him his sony-erricson bt stereo headset and same
    thing occurs, I did some Bing research and found topic about this issue

Bad quality sound on Bluetooth Music streaming

the solution is only for unlocked phones using registry editor.

"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]

"Bit Pool"= change Value data to 51.

As I suspected the problem was in the sample rate settings. After I did the hack it sounded beautiful and at full sample rate. Some people don’t have the ear to catch the difference. I like to think I have a very good ear for this sort of thing. Being
    a musician and aspiring sound designer. I listen to all my music in the car through Bluetooth stereo gateway so I rely on this Bluetooth functionality 100%. Here is an example of the “Value data” number translated to sample rate.

Medium Quality

Bit Pool=35, Sample Rate=44.1 kHz = 229 kb/s

Bit Pool=33, Sample Rate=48 kHz = 237 kb/s

High Quality

Bit Pool=53, Sample Rate=44.1 kHz = 328 kb/s

Bit Pool=51, Sample Rate=48 kHz = 345 kb/s "

Also set "UseJointStereo" to 0 since one of the common joint stereo algorithm uses a lossy audio compression. BT Music sounds great with these changes!

Another thing is sound of keyboard not registering via BT, its muted and then 4-5 clics at very fast rate, whats up with this?

Looks like microsoft windows phone issue, what should i do to be able to use bluetooth stereo headset as intended without horrible HORRIBLE sound downgrade? and phone unlocking?

Buzzraider, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate.

Windows 10 Poor Playback Quality

Hi Nate,

Let us tweak the settings of your Playback device to improve its playback quality. Follow these steps:

• On your System tray, right-click the Sound icon and click
      Playback devices
    • Click the current playback device.
    • Click on Properties, then Advanced.
    • Set the rate and bit depth to either the lower or higher 24bit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate.

1. Audo device does not save its settings, Spacial sound AND Bit rate. - Similar Threads - Audo device does

2. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  3. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  4. Spacial Sound not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacial Sound not working: Hi there! Recently i started to use my HP Elitebook 2560p laptop with Windows 10 Pro trough a USB Hard Drive since my laptop's SATA port became faulty. All the drivers are installed and are running correcty, except one who's "Unknown Device". Whatever, that doesn't affect my...
  5. Spacial Sound Issue Again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spacial Sound Issue Again: Alright, so basically, I've had this problem for a while but it never really bothered me until I started playing games where knowing the direction of sounds became important. If you open sounds in control panel you have the option for spacial sound. It is currently off for me...
  6. I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting

I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting: I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting so here is my situation as I know most people ask for it. I am on an Asus Q304UA and I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS Version:10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041. And I need to able to change the sample...
  7. Spacial Sound Issue

Spacial Sound Issue: Alright, so basically, I've had this problem for a while but it never really bothered me until I started playing games where knowing the direction of sounds became important. If you open sounds in control panel you have the option for spacial sound. It is currently off for me...
  8. Logitech z607 no spacial sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech z607 no spacial sound: Hey Reddit I wanted a minimal surround sound option for my spare room "office", so purchased the z607. Using on-board Realtek jacks, outputs are all connected for 5.1, Realtek app installed, and all channels test fine via the app and Windows sound setting. The issue is that...
  9. Unable to set bit rate for Fast Track C400 device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to set bit rate for Fast Track C400 device: I use avid (m-audio) fast track c400 with latest drivers from manufacturers web site. The problem I face is it is impossible to set the bitrate and sample rate as there is no Advanced tab in options for this device. Is there any way to switch the bitrate or sample rate via...
  10. Headphones and Spacial sound

Headphones and Spacial sound: I can listen to everything through my headphones (3.5mm jack) but my computer doesn't recognize them as "headphones". They don't appear in playback devices, hardware, or anywhere else, only single option of speakers is displayed. This is stopping me from being able to use...