Windows 10: August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings

Discus and support August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated Windows 10 on my Surface tablet. I primarily use the tablet to input numbers into order guides using Excel, using the touch keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkLittle3, Aug 13, 2019.

1. August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings

I just updated Windows 10 on my Surface tablet.

I primarily use the tablet to input numbers into order guides using Excel, using the touch keyboard in numeric layout. Prior to the update, I had no problems doing this. Now, every time I switch focus on a different cell in the spreadsheet, or switch focus to any other input area in other applications, the keyboard automatically switches back to the alphabetical keyboard. I understand why sometimes this could be beneficial, but for my purposes it is incredibly inefficient.

My co-workers don't seem to be having the same problem as me, so it must be a setting somewhere that got changed. I just can't find it for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MarkLittle3, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Touch Keyboard Issues after Updates

Hi,

It is possible that the settings of the touch keyboard is having an issue and that can be the reason why it flickers. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend setting up the touch keyboard in "window mode" and change it back to "full screen mode"
    to refresh its settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access the touch keyboard.
    • On the upper left part of the touch keyboard, click the keyboard settings icon.
    • On the second row, select the second option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker. If it did not flicker, access the touch keyboard settings icon again.
    • On the second row, select the first option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard again, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2019
  4. August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings

1. August 2019 update seems to have changed touch keyboard settings - Similar Threads - August 2019 update

2. Windows 10 update August 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update August 2019: The update for Windows 10 August 2019 has been running for 3 hrs. Why is it taking so long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-august-2019/58bea869-9c6d-4db7-9b1c-fdb3975f7aad
  3. WIndows 10 August 2019 Update

WIndows 10 August 2019 Update: Since the August 2019 update came through my office computer has slowed to the point of absolute frustration, every task takes upwards of 15 seconds to register once the mouse is clicked. More significantly in Office 365. Simple tasks like a spelling correction in Word takes...
  4. August 2019 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    August 2019 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in August 2019. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  5. Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes August 2019 Security Updates Release Date: August 13, 2019 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and...
  6. > Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    > Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates: Release NotesAugust 2019 Security UpdatesRelease Date: August 13, 2019The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:Microsoft WindowsInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeChakraCoreMicrosoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web...
  7. Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates: August 2019 Security Updates Release Date: August 13, 2019 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  8. Colors changed after Windows 10 Update on August 8, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colors changed after Windows 10 Update on August 8, 2019: Colors on my monitor changed after Windows 10 update. Desktop was dark blue and is now light blue. Desktop Icon colors changed and icons are larger, In Excel, highlight colors changed e.g. bright yellow became a greenish yellow. I have a desktop with a 3.2 gigahertz Intel...
  9. Touch Keyboard problems since beginning of August 2019 Windows 10 upgrade

Touch Keyboard problems since beginning of August 2019 Windows 10 upgrade: Hello... Before this present (still ongoing) Windows 10 upgrade, my “touch keyboard” that I use in lieu of the keyboard that attaches to my tablet, was all black with white details, as normal keyboards usually are. Since the start of the upgrade, I was able to find only the...
  10. Keyboard seems to have changed locale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard seems to have changed locale: A nuisance I've observed several times is that when Windows 10 wants to reboot to install updates it changes some of the keys on the keyboard. @ and " are swapped, and the hash key gives \. The \ key also gives \ so I don't have hash. Normally this can be cured by a reboot,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Touch keyboard changed

2. touch sensitivity setting is gone after update august 2019