Windows 10: August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop

Discus and support August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had just installed a program (EaseUS backup), which automatically rebooted my Lenovo laptop (less than a year old) to complete the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oboedot, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Oboedot Win User

August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop

I had just installed a program (EaseUS backup), which automatically rebooted my Lenovo laptop (less than a year old) to complete the installation process. Because I am a Windows 10 Home user, I cannot control when Microsoft updates, so Windows updated itself. After the update, the laptop won't get past the initial Lenovo startup screen. I've tried the following:

- selected restart many times

- tried to boot up from a Windows recovery DVD

- tried to boot p from a Lenovo system recovery USB

- tried to go into safe mode from the troubleshooting menu- could't get in

- tried system restore - couldn't be done

- tried system repair - couldn't do anything

- went to the command prompt to try to run chkdsk, but I was locked out of the X drive

I called Lenovo support. All I got was the suggestion to reinstall Windows, thereby losing all of my apps. This is not an acceptable solution! Any ideas?

Thanks SO much for any help

:)

Oboedot, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

August 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: August 13, 2019

The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Visual Studio
    • Online Services
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4511553[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4511872[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512476[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512482[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512486[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512488[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512489[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512491[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Security-only Update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512497[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512501[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512506[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512507[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512508[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512516[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512517[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512518[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Aug 18, 2019
  4. August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop

1. August 2019 Windows 10 update broke my laptop - Similar Threads - August 2019 update

2. Windows 10 update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update broke my laptop: I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ? Thanks in advance/Kasturi...
  3. Windows 10 19H1 Updated August 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 19H1 Updated August 2019: There are some issues installing on i7 processor. It says that "windows cannot install in this Drive" but on second or third try it will continue on installing the whole entire system. What are the possible problem, is it the device or the Windows Installer?...
  4. Windows 10 update August 2019

Windows 10 update August 2019: The update for Windows 10 August 2019 has been running for 3 hrs. Why is it taking so long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-august-2019/58bea869-9c6d-4db7-9b1c-fdb3975f7aad
  5. WIndows 10 August 2019 Update

WIndows 10 August 2019 Update: Since the August 2019 update came through my office computer has slowed to the point of absolute frustration, every task takes upwards of 15 seconds to register once the mouse is clicked. More significantly in Office 365. Simple tasks like a spelling correction in Word takes...
  6. Windows 10 update August 17 2019

Windows 10 update August 17 2019: I came home today to my pc being restarted and needing to be logged into after and update that I didnt authorize. I googled and found this was some critical update. When i logged in, it was like my computer from 6 months ago. I am missing files from my desktop and downloads...
  7. Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019: My PC has just updated itself to the latest Version of Windows 10 (automatic process). This has caused me a number of problems which I cannot fix, can someone advise please: All the apps on the start menu do not work, ie weather, calculator, windows store etc; When apps...
  8. Windows 10 update 7th August 2019

Windows 10 update 7th August 2019: Hi Windows 10 updated on my laptop today and took forever, however when it was completed half my apps don't work even simple ones like calculator. How do I easily reinstate them? Seems to have messed up my home pages too which I've had to reset only for them not to save...
  9. Possibly Windows 10 update from 11-Jun-2019 broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possibly Windows 10 update from 11-Jun-2019 broke my laptop: Introduction: I have Sony VAIO form 2011. It came with Windows7. My current Windows 10: v1809 build 17763.557 7-Jun-2019: I burned a CD successfully. 12-Jun-2019: These Microsoft security updates were automatically downloaded and installed on my laptop KB4503327...
  10. April 2019 windows update broke my computer

April 2019 windows update broke my computer: On April 9th 2019 my computer automatically updated. Since this update my computer freezes and windows stops working. Now when booting up it says automatic scan and repair but it gets stuck at 1% I let it go over 12 hours hoping it would work but it did not. I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broke video card 2019

2. after august 2019 windows update my laptop battery wont charge

3. windows update august 2019 broke login

4. laptop not charging after windows 10 update august 2019