Windows 10: Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello

Discus and support Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft in a partnership with National Australia Bank has created an ATM which works without credit cards. The ATM is powered by Microsoft’s Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 24, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello

Microsoft in a partnership with National Australia Bank has created an ATM which works without credit cards. The ATM is powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello and the ATM is made in such a way that it doesn’t compromise on the security of customers’ in any way.

The ATM runs on Microsoft’s Windows Hello and using the Facial recognition technology to verify the credentials of the users. With the Facial recognition technology, Microsoft and NAB have enhanced the security of the customers.

The system is based on Azure Cognitive Services and the ATM scans the face of the customer who tries to withdraw cash from the ATM. However, for additional security, a PIN is also required to complete the transaction.

The transaction is completed by using the Face recognition and PIN without using the credit card to withdraw cash. Patrick Wright, NAB Chief Technology and Operations Officer in a statement explaining:

“It just reinforced to me the need for banks to be simpler and faster for our customers; we want to deliver great connected customer experiences. Cloud technology allows us to take advantage of features and capabilities that are world-leading and enable us to deliver at pace for our customers.”

Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello Windows-Hello-ATM.jpg

NAB Chief also said how Microsoft helped them in allowing to develop such concepts which could be the future for the customers to access the banking products and services.

“Working with companies like Microsoft allows us to develop concepts like this. It’s a look into what the future might hold for the way our customers access banking products and services,” he explains.

The new technology is just in its early stage of development and we are not sure if this would ever see the light of the day. But implementation of Windows Hello into ATMs is a big step forward in reducing the security breaches.

The post Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 24, 2018

2. Chase bank ATM

Chase bank started a new system that you don't need to insert your ATM card to deposit or withdraw money but you must download the mobile application to your phone... Chase only supports Apple phones and Androids, so now I have my family and friends unable
    to take advantage of this new system. Can Microsoft work with Chase bank so the Windows phone user can use the Chase mobile application. Thanks for your help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PrudencioSosa Jr, Oct 24, 2018
  3. san1112 Win User
    Power bank n phone problem

Hello there,

Lumia 625 can be charged with both 5V 1A and 5V 2A the only diff is the time it will take to fully charge the device. I have tested the Anker power bank suggest above and worked great also I found this blog helpful which has the best
    power bank and portable chargers
    reviewed here.

I personally have tested Anker, Eassyacc, EC tech (gaint power bank) and all these worked great on Lumia 625 as well as my Lumia 920 too.

Tough this is asked long time ago I am just replying for others who will find these useful.

san1112, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

The Australian Newspaper

Hi Alexander,

There are a lot of factor for this issue to occur. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• How do you access the Australian News? Is it through browsing the internet or through an application?

• Can you access the Australian News before the issue occurred?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Australian Bank has created ATMs powered by Microsoft’s Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Australian Bank has

2. Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?: So i noticed that each time i reset my pc that the search indexing is reset and it says that i should turn it on in the start menu.Altho whats weird is when i actually go into the settings nothing is being indexed,almost like a visual bug..The search is working fine also.This...
  3. Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?: So i noticed that each time i reset my pc that the search indexing is reset and it says that i should turn it on in the start menu.Altho whats weird is when i actually go into the settings nothing is being indexed,almost like a visual bug..The search is working fine also.This...
  4. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  5. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  6. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft in Australian Homes ?

in Cortana
    Microsoft in Australian Homes ?: Hi This one is very general. Is Australia ever going to get the surface duo ? Is Australia likely to get home automation from via Microsoft ? When one talks with people, the only words they know are google and amazon ?...
  8. charging laptop from power bank

in Windows 10 Support
    charging laptop from power bank: Hello, I found a lot on the go with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) And find myself without battery - and without a home socket to charge. Is there a way to charge a laptop through POWER BANK? I understand that there is a need to convert DC voltage to AC. Is there a device...
  9. cannot create Window hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create Window hello: I created a new Admin Account and tried to set up Windows Hello on this new account. But the system says that Windows Hello is created on the different account and I should remove it. But the problem is that I don’t have other accounts on this computer....
  10. australian Cortana?

in Windows 10 Customization
    australian Cortana?: Anyone knows how to install Australian Cortana or it still a myth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/australian-cortana/7e471017-d8c7-4a9f-a2fe-d1012048359d