Windows 10: autcomplete in cmd.exe console

Discus and support autcomplete in cmd.exe console in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the win 10 20h2 19042.804 command console (cmd.exe). While autocomplete currently works separately for dir or file in current dir, I would like TAB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by apb, Feb 26, 2021.

1. APB
    apb Win User

autcomplete in cmd.exe console

For the win 10 20h2 19042.804 command console (cmd.exe). While autocomplete currently works separately for dir or file in current dir, I would like TAB to traverse my entire PATH to find a file, similarly to 'where'. Is that possible?

Thanks.

--peter

:)

2. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I would highly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this article step by step:

CMD not working
    . Please reply if the issue still persists after this autcomplete in cmd.exe console :).

Melik TechBuddy, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't open any console apps- 0x0000142

Hi,

We need to verify some information first for us to better assist you on your concern about the 0x0000142 error code. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start getting the 0x0000142 error code when accessing console apps?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Can you please tell us what are the console apps that are you attempting to access?
    • What are the steps that you've performed when you tried re-installing Windows 10?
    • Can you please tell us in what stage does the re-installation process failed?

We suggest posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, Feb 26, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. autcomplete in cmd.exe console - Similar Threads - autcomplete cmd exe

2. console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...: Issue started somewhere in november/october 2021 I was using windows 10 back thenNow I've upgraded to windows 11 but issue didn't resolveHere's an example with WebStorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WEdi09CrsAt first I thought it's an issue with WebStorm but then I tried...
  3. console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...: Issue started somewhere in november/october 2021 I was using windows 10 back thenNow I've upgraded to windows 11 but issue didn't resolveHere's an example with WebStorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WEdi09CrsAt first I thought it's an issue with WebStorm but then I tried...
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  6. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  7. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...
  10. List HotKeys for Console (CMD/Powershell) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List HotKeys for Console (CMD/Powershell) in Windows 10: Much has been written and much will be written about the Windows 10 announcement. I'm pretty stoked, and am playing with the Windows 10 Technical Preview now. I can see that there's lots of new enhancements to the shell, the Start Menu/ Screen, how Universal apps work, and...