Windows 10: Autheniticator

Discus and support Autheniticator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have the above App on my phone to access one of my websites, but the website does not accept the authenticator number. I cannot find any way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimHaworthZF, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Autheniticator

I have the above App on my phone to access one of my websites, but the website does not accept the authenticator number. I cannot find any way to reset the phone app to match with the login …..how do I fix it?

:)

JimHaworthZF, Nov 12, 2018
  2. kiomon Win User

IMAP password keeps rejecting, though its correct

I have a new HD7 that i am trying to set up with my emails. I have them all set up, Exchange Enterprise, GMail, MobileMe, Yahoo. All work fine. The last email I am trying to set-up is for a non profit that i manage as the IT director.

Its a IMAP email system, running on mac os X if that matters. The server is working fine and I have other devices syncing currently to it no problem. But for some reason on the HD7 it keeps rejecting the password, saying incorrect. Any tips or tricks
    to try? We are using SSL authenitication and the cert is valid and provided by GoDaddy (vs. self signed).

The server accepts kerberos, CRAM-MD5, APOP, and Login authentication. We do not allow PLAIN authentication. is that potentially the problem??

kiomon, Nov 12, 2018
  3. rednomad Win User
    Procedure please for reconstructing my PEOPLE

Kevin JS Thanks for your prompt response.

As you have probably gathered when I started setting up my mobile I was very inexperienced.

This combined with an upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013 led to much confusion. Then the added complication of 2 step verification, secret keys, app passwords, autheniticators for mobile etc. I have presently disabled 2 step verification
    because it drove me crazy.

Thanks for confirming that "Windows Live" is "Microsoft Account" and nothing to do with Windows Live Mail.

I have 3 apps on my phone.

• One gives me direct access to my ISP to emails inbox etc. This is the one I use for reading and emailing on my phone.

• I have one named Outlook. It's Username is an alias for my primary Microsoft account XXX.outlook.com. Server is blu404-m.hotmail.com. It's not the email address assigned to Microsolft Office Outlook 2013. It was created during my confusion with everything.
      It's the one that allows options to synchronise Email, contacts, Calendar, Tasks. This seems to correlate with Outlook.com

• I have one named hotmail. Which is named Windows Live. The user name for this is my primary Microsoft Account. Server m.hotmail.com. Only synchronisation settings are tick/untick Email.

• Of further interest (perhaps) is that my Microsoft Office 2013 Outlook has the inbox as the same address my ISP accepts but with .au added to it - why this is I don't know.
    • At present on my phone my Outlook app is the one which synched from Outlook.com
    Questions

• Change the server on my phone for my Windows Live app/tile from m.hotmail.com to blu404-m.hotmail.com. Will this ensure synching of Email, contacts, Calendar, Tasks between Outlook.com and my phone?
    • Change server for Outlook app/tile on my phone from blu404-m.hotmail.com to m.hotmail.com. It appears to me that I don't need this but is it true that I can't delete this without then needing to hard reset my phone which I am reluctant to need to resort
      to.
    • Then sync Windows Live account? Bearing in mind that I have previously synched from Outlook blu404-m.hotmail.com which was an alias. Will I end up with duplicate entries?
    • How to synch a specific account on Windows Phone please
    Thanks for any advice you can give.

rednomad, Nov 12, 2018
  4. marccoan Win User

Autheniticator

Some folders' security permissions are set to read-only after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I do not even HAVE a Homegroup/HomeUser in this installation. I am not sharing C:\

My users for C:\Users\Username are:

Autheniticated Users

SYSTEM

My Name

Administrators

Users

For all but Users, all permissions for C:\ and C:\Users\ are set to Full Control, etc. I have unchecked the Read Only box several times. The permissions hold through a reboot, but all files are set to Read Only upon reboot.

marccoan, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Autheniticator