Windows 10: AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell...

Discus and support AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have an AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader on my laptop, which has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peppy2, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Peppy2 Win User

AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell...

Greetings,

I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have an AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader on my laptop, which has worked for years until I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 10 a few days ago. Everything is working except this last Fingerprint issue.

From what I've read by searching on Google, the following driver is supposed to get it working again, and I've installed it:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=DFDJ9

The driver and device appears to work. First, I go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set Up

It asks me to swipe my finger a few times and appears to accept it. So the fingerprint reader is obviously working. It says that next time I want to access my device, the fingerprint option should be available during startup.

PROBLEM:

I restarted my computer, expecting to see a fingerprint sign-in option along with password and PIN options. However, the fingerprint option is not available. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Kind regards

:)

Peppy2, Aug 7, 2019

2. How to enable fingerprint reader log-in on windows 10

My Lenovo T500 laptop has an AuthenTec AES2810 fingerprint reader. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 without incident with the FP reader. Then a Windows update was installed on 09/30/2016 and the fingerprint login disappeared. After researching
    settings recommended on MS site, I found that my fingerprint reader was not recognized in the HELLO settings. This is not a basic Windows 10 issue, but a defective update that was not properly researched before being published. Thanks, Microsoft for disabling
    a feature by coopting commonly used security features without a proper attention to an upgrade path for widely used devices.

David L.Menke, Aug 7, 2019
  3. I can't activate Windows Hello after anniversary update. (For fingerprint login)

I can't activate Windows Hello after anniversary update.

Since windows 8.1 i've been using fingerprint for login.

I've updated to windows 10 1511 and fingerprint works under windows hello option. (the exact same driver)

When i updated to windows 10 1607 (anniversary update) it no longer work. (Windows hello is not available on this device)

But windows still detected my fingerprint reader in Device Manager.

Any solution?

PS

Device : Sager NP6165

Fingerprint Reader : Authentec (unknown series)

rdnPradipta, Aug 7, 2019
  4. erlewis Win User

AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell...

Fingerprint reader on Windows 10?

I upgraded in place from Windows 8, to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The AuthenTec fingerprint reader in my Toshiba Satellite laptop worked better than it ever did as shipped by Toshiba in Windows Vista.

Today I did a clean install of Windows 10. Now the fingerprint reader does not work because I need to activate Windows Biometric Framework. How do I do that? I could see a greyed-out option for the fingerprint reader one of the settings window.

AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 Common version ps_common5.9.8.7279-64bit that I installed and it works very well. The common refers to machines without WBF Windows Biometric Foundation.

After installing the Common version I checked in Settings again and there is no entry for fingerprint reader any more but I did notice a biometric device and driver.

So the clue for this device at least is to use software that does not depend on WBF.

erlewis, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell... - Similar Threads - AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint

2. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  3. trouble with sign-in options and with the fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with sign-in options and with the fingerprint reader: So I've been decades since my fingerprint isn't working, and when I tried to go into "sign-in options" in the settings, it freezes and doesn't let me in, and stays like that until I quit the setting, is there anyway to fix it? along with my fingerprint reader?and thank you...
  4. trouble with sign-in options and with the fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with sign-in options and with the fingerprint reader: So I've been decades since my fingerprint isn't working, and when I tried to go into "sign-in options" in the settings, it freezes and doesn't let me in, and stays like that until I quit the setting, is there anyway to fix it? along with my fingerprint reader?and thank you...
  5. Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update: I have a Laptop Go and I updated to 22H2 and now the fingerprint reader is no longer available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-available-after-22h2-update/3ed6fcfe-2b39-46bb-ab28-ad886e10ef4e
  6. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working: I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device Manager as a Biometric Input device- instead it shows up under Other Devices, with a yellow warning triangle that the driver is...
  7. Dell 5482 / Windows 10 Fingerprint Reader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell 5482 / Windows 10 Fingerprint Reader: I have a fingerprint reader in my laptop Dell 5482. How can I set up fingerprint lock for individual lock for eg. chrome/my computer/whatsapp desktop/telegram,etc. submitted by /u/AsideObvious8112 [link] [comments]...
  8. Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL: HI! My fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working today and it displays in the settings suddenly that it isn't an available option for this computer. My laptop's fairly new and the reader was perfectly working yesterday. Please help, thanks!...
  9. Fingerprint reader to login to a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint reader to login to a program: Hello, I want to login to a program with a fingerprint reader I know about Windows hello and that you can login to sites and all. So my thing is, I need a reader that can scan about 15 people and according to the finger the person should be logged in to his/her user. Also it...
  10. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. authentec aes2810 windows 10

2. dell studio 1737 fingerprint reader windows 10

3. windows 10 pro 1903 fingerprint logon not available

4. toshiba authentec ingerprint reader windows 10