Windows 10: Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

Discus and support Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi When applying permission to folders for Authenticated Users & Everyone the system says - access denied part way through applying them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fenshome, May 18, 2019.

1. Fenshome Win User

Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

Hi

When applying permission to folders for Authenticated Users & Everyone the system says - access denied part way through applying them.

Authenticated Users has no permissions at all and can't apply, and Everyone when created and the permission applied also denied.

on my other PCs I have no problem in doing both actions.

What is the fix?

Kim

:)

Fenshome, May 18, 2019
  2. webJockey Win User

authenticated users issue in win 7

hi, i just messed up authenticated users permissions on my my data drive (d drive) in win 7 ultimate while learning. I wanna restore it to default authenticated user permissions. i have three partitions. 1: System (win7:c), 2: Data (d), 3: Second System (win 7: e). I got two accounts: 1 default windows admin account created during installation. 2 standard user account that I created myself after. I messed up the permissions from standard user account. I was supposed to change it for user account.

At this stage I just want to know what are the default authenticated users permissions in win 7 for data drive??????????

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

webJockey, May 18, 2019
  3. Unknown User - Powershell context menu - unable to remove permissions

Running Windows 10 - poweshell.exe loads on startup (context menu).

I am unable to remove it. There is an unknown user (see screen shot)
    Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission [​IMG]
    that I can not remove from permissions. When I remove it, the unknown user reappears when I apply changes. I am the only user listed on the PC, I am unable to see "any other" users listed. I have full Admin user rights.

I am trying to remove powershell from the computer but it keep reinstalling itself I once was able to delete all references to powershell, but it reinstalled as part of an update.

After taking ownership and changing access rights on folders the files and registry entries to full access, they still cannot be deleted?

I understand powershell is not needed in windows 10, but it may allow other users to remotely access my system?

why does this unknown user auto give itself permissions after being removed?

chefdave86, May 18, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission - Similar Threads - Authenticated Users Everyone

2. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM': Hi,I am using Windows 10 Professional. While logged in as myself account name 'PWK' and member of the 'Administrators' group, I created a folder at the root of my hard drive called C:\MySecureFolderI would like to secure this folder as much as I possibly can so that only the...
  3. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM': Hi,I am using Windows 10 Professional. While logged in as myself account name 'PWK' and member of the 'Administrators' group, I created a folder at the root of my hard drive called C:\MySecureFolderI would like to secure this folder as much as I possibly can so that only the...
  4. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users: So what I did was:Opened file explorerRight clicked on the D drive, aka Data D:Clicked permissionsClicked securityClicked editDeleted the “Authenticated Users”And clicked applyWhen I restored the Authenticated Users profile, the last box labeled “Special permissions” is...
  6. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users: So what I did was:Opened file explorerRight clicked on the D drive, aka Data D:Clicked permissionsClicked securityClicked editDeleted the “Authenticated Users”And clicked applyWhen I restored the Authenticated Users profile, the last box labeled “Special permissions” is...
  7. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. All Permission to Everyone user to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService folder -...

All Permission to Everyone user to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService folder -...: Hello, One of our vendor is asking to give user "EVERYONE" the Read, Write, Modify permission to folder NetworkService under C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles This will allow their customized scripts to run as desired. But I am worried that it will be a major security compromise....
  9. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone: “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly...
  10. Permission for Authenticated Users - Ransomware?

Permission for Authenticated Users - Ransomware?: I read an article that suggested that changing your permissions on your backup drive(s) to not allow "Modify" would prevent ransomware from encrypting the drive. It sounds sensible but does anyone know if it is a good path to go down? I am running Malwarebytes Beta...