Windows 10: Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot.

Discus and support Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any device that tries to connect to my hotspot on Windows 10 gets an authentication error and says the password does not match. I have: 1. Restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hooboohhoobooh, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot.

Any device that tries to connect to my hotspot on Windows 10 gets an authentication error and says the password does not match. I have:

1. Restarted my computer multiple times.

2. Reset my DNS and IP, then restarted my computer multiple times.

3. Manually set up a hotspot through command prompts.

4. Reinstalled my drivers.

5. Reset the service

6. Reset the devices

7. All of the above in different orders

8. Run the troubleshooter.

9. Test with different Wi-Fi connections

10. All of the above in different orders

Please help.

:)

hooboohhoobooh, Sep 23, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Phone does not connect to hotspot, shows 'Authenticating' and 'Connecting'

Original title: Wifi HOTSPOT Windows 10

I have created a hotspot using Command Prompt (Admin) . But my Phone does not connect to the hotspot . It just shows

"Authenticating" and "Connecting" but does not connect.

Ethernet Sharing is checked.

PulkitGarg, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot.

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot.

1. Authentication Error when connecting to Windows 10 Hotspot. - Similar Threads - Authentication Error connecting

2. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  3. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  4. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot

Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot: I've been using my Windows 10 lenovo laptop to set up a hotspot which I then use to connect my phone to the internet. This was working fine until yesterday. What happens now is that whenever I turn on the hotspot on my laptop, I get browser connection errors even if no device...
  6. Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot: I've been using my Windows 10 lenovo laptop to set up a hotspot which I then use to connect my phone to the internet. This was working fine until yesterday. What happens now is that whenever I turn on the hotspot on my laptop, I get browser connection errors even if no device...
  7. Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hotspot authentication problem

Hotspot authentication problem: The hotspot on my Dell used to work fine. My other laptop connected fine, cell phones connected fine. Now none of them will connect, with my newest android showing authentication problem. When I start the hotspot on my Toshiba laptop my phones connect immediately. I...
  9. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN: We have been experiencing a weird issue for the past couple of weeks. When CISCO any connect is connected you cannot unlock the computer if it locks. I found this thread describing exactly the same symptoms....
  10. Connection Time Out when connecting to Windows 10 hotspot

Connection Time Out when connecting to Windows 10 hotspot: I am running a 5Gz Wifi hotspot from windows 10. All of my drivers are updated, and I can't seem to figure out why I cannot connect to the hotspot. All of my devices time out when connecting. It used to work flawlessly. Thanks in advanced....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 hotspot authentication error when reconnect