Windows 10: Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

Discus and support Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 HOME My Computer keeps going to sleep mode after 1 MIN. I have to re-enter my password etc. I DON'T mind placing password in to login. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LunaticXLife, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

Windows 10 HOME

My Computer keeps going to sleep mode after 1 MIN. I have to re-enter my password etc. I DON'T mind placing password in to login. I JUST DONT WANT IT GOING TO SLEEP AFTER 1 MIN.

I understand computers pretty well. I've done TONS of research online to figure this issue out. I've seen many people have this issue. From what I can tell is that adding a Company Email to my home computer has caused this. FINE.. I DONT CARE. BUT its my computer I'm signed in as admin. I want this to stop. All normal settings for screen saver... display etc are all to NEVER.. It seems to have something to do with this setting ACCOUNTS > SIGN-IN OPTIONS >REQUIRE SIGN-IN > ... Option is greyed out and stuck on "When PC wakes up from sleep" I want to change this to never...

It has RED words stating "Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep" above this setting. I need to have this authentication.. how do I get it?

But like I said... i dont care if I have to sign in... I just dont want the PC going to sleep in the first place.

Please help

:)

LunaticXLife, Aug 11, 2020

2. Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

This is actually the first thing we tried. The computer comes up with a message saying:

"Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this go to setttings and search for Power and Sleep."

The dropdown box underneath is greyed out, and inactive.

Going to Power and Sleep leads to your first suggestion, which is a dead end.

Regards, Stewart

StewartPeppiatt, Aug 11, 2020
  3. authentication is required when PC wakes from sleep

My computer is telling me that authentication is required when PC wakes from sleep, I am not aware that I have done anything, however issues started when Cortana was updated to my PC, I have no start menu, settings, difficulty in accessing mail etc, is
    this the result of the PC being a sleep, help would be much appreciated.

LorraineHawke, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

"authentication is required when this pc wakes up from sleep" to change this setting is greyed out in Windows 10

I didn't change this setting but all of a sudden I am required to sign in when my PC wakes up from sleep. When I go to Sign In Options it says that "Authentication is required when this PC wakes up from sleep. To change this, go to Settings and search
    for Power & Sleep. However, the area to change is greyed out and Power and Sleep offers no changes for sign in. I am using Windows 10 and all of the suggestions to fix this problem do not seem to apply to Windows 10.

NancyTowers, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

1. Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP... - Similar Threads - Authentication required wakes

2. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  3. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  4. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  5. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  6. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  7. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  8. Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. Security policies on this PC are...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. Security policies on this PC are...: Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authentication-is-required-when-this-pc-wakes-from/99118707-98a8-4de8-b67f-3e0bd3b15cbc
  9. Require PIN when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Require PIN when waking from sleep: Hi, So I've configured my security settings to always require PIN when waking from sleep. Every morning i click my keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep and it opens right up, no request to enter PIN. Anyone else come across this or figure out a fix? Thanks! submitted by...
  10. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....