Windows 10: Authentication issues for only one user.

Discus and support Authentication issues for only one user. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having issues related to user authentication in windows. Here are some of my recent symptoms: 1. I receive error code 0x800706be ("An... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NathanaelKinyon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Authentication issues for only one user.

I'm having issues related to user authentication in windows.

Here are some of my recent symptoms:
    1. I receive error code 0x800706be ("An authentication error has occurred") after typing out my credentials when attempting to remote desktop to any computer or user on my network.
    2. The explorer immediately restarts after typing out my credentials when attempting to map a new drive (i.e. my home server), there is no error message afterward, it just instantly restarts without any pre-hand messages.
    3. The explorer immediately restarts after typing out my credentials for let's say the Google Password bank. Here, the explorer immediately restarts without an error message and Google Chrome crashes.

I think these issues are connected as they are all related to authentication. However, none of these issues happen to any other user on this computer.

I've tried reinstalling Windows (keeping my files), running scans on the registry, using the DISM and SFC tool, disabling all startup applications and uninstalling suspected programs. None of these solutions worked.

I would not prefer to start up a new user desktop as I have well over 70+ programs/games installed that would either be a pain to migrate or could potentially break or even prematurely expire if moved.

Any suggestions or advice would extremely helpful!

:)

NathanaelKinyon, Apr 14, 2019
  2. webJockey Win User

authenticated users issue in win 7

hi, i just messed up authenticated users permissions on my my data drive (d drive) in win 7 ultimate while learning. I wanna restore it to default authenticated user permissions. i have three partitions. 1: System (win7:c), 2: Data (d), 3: Second System (win 7: e). I got two accounts: 1 default windows admin account created during installation. 2 standard user account that I created myself after. I messed up the permissions from standard user account. I was supposed to change it for user account.

At this stage I just want to know what are the default authenticated users permissions in win 7 for data drive??????????

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

webJockey, Apr 14, 2019
  3. JCee95 Win User
    What is Authenticated User under security tab?

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with Windows 10 accounts.

I have only one account, admin one which is "JC"

whenever I go to E drive> properties> security, I see "Authenticated User" on top of my account lists.

I saw other people's windows 10 and they only have SYSTEM, USERNAME(USERNAME-PC\USERNAME), homeusers(USERNAME-PC\users), administrators (USERNAME-PC\administrators).

Why do I have this "Authenticated User" listed in my list? and it seems like although I logged into Admin account "JC" whenever I go to security "Authenticated user" is the first thing on the list (seems like it's recognising my as authenticated user
    not ADMIN)

I'm so frustrated with this because I can't play some games as it won't write save files onto my E Drive.

I'm guessing that because I did not give full control to "authenticated user" (which everyone tells me not to do due to security risk), I can't write on disks. BUT I AM LOGGED IN AS ADMIN ACCOUNT GAH!! I don't get this at all.

PLEASE HELP ME. SO FAR NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON

JCee95, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Authentication issues for only one user.

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Authentication issues for only one user.

1. Authentication issues for only one user. - Similar Threads - Authentication issues user

2. Authentication issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentication issues: Dear community,I struggle sometimes with some commandline options, especially when user authentication is involved.For example I can not use the Shutdown command in combination with the /m function.How and why is that and what can we do about it?In this specific example it is...
  3. Authentication issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authentication issues: Dear community,I struggle sometimes with some commandline options, especially when user authentication is involved.For example I can not use the Shutdown command in combination with the /m function.How and why is that and what can we do about it?In this specific example it is...
  4. Authenticator issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator issues: I have just got a new laptop and when trying to sign in it says that my account doesn’t exist. So I went onto my old laptop and tried to update the security settings in my account so that I could try putting in my phone number rather than my email address to see if it would...
  5. Changing DNS for one user only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing DNS for one user only: I want to change my DNS to NextDNS, but i don't want it to affect other user accounts. Is this possible, maybe with task scheluder or an DNS client that has option to do this? submitted by /u/PvKCpEFAnQY3zxW9NH8q [link] [comments]...
  6. authenticator issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    authenticator issues: i cant log into my authenticator app with my valid email. just says no such account exists. whats the cause for this?....because i very apparently have an active and working account...
  7. slow pc but only on one user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow pc but only on one user: so for the last few months i haven't been using my admin account on my pc because everytime i log into it i can't do anything on it, the user is extremely slow and all of the programs too so i can't anyone of them, so i have been using a limited user account since last...
  8. Downloading Programs For One User Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading Programs For One User Only: Hello, I was wondering how I can go about downloading programs, apps and games without having it appear on the desktop of another user on the same PC? I am the admin of the PC and I have another user account set up for my brother to use. Whenever I download programs only...
  9. Problem for one user only on Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem for one user only on Solitaire: I have an HP tablet running Windows 10. There are two users, let us call them A & B, and both users play Solitaire and Mahjong. Until today that is! Now user A still has access to both games. However, user B can only access Mahjong. The tile for Solitaire is still visible...
  10. Installing Programs to One User Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Programs to One User Only: On older Windows OS's, I've had no trouble using separate user accounts. When I install a program (actual software, not a Windows Store app) on one, it doesn't show up on another user account. Until now. My wife and I just bought a desktop to share and everything I install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. authentication issues for users