Windows 10: Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net

Discus and support Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. Thanks in advance. I am using Acronis 2020 to do system backups to external hard drives on my network connected via my Netgear router. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thira, Mar 7, 2020.

1. thira Win User

Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net

Hi all. Thanks in advance.

I am using Acronis 2020 to do system backups to external hard drives on my network connected via my Netgear router. The problem is that name and password authentication is required for the network from acronis before I can backup to these external hard drives. I do not have a record of the password.
    Acronis says this is a Windows Issue.
    I am using Windows 10 x64.
    Any idea as to reset the password or to find it?
    I am the administrator

:)

thira, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 7, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net

External Hard Drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

I am having a problem accessing some files in the Iomega backup.

Problem #1:

Am not getting the "menu" window that gives all the options with the external hard driv

The following are the steps that I have taken to use the external hard drive:

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.

(I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:

"Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined

Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......

Thank you...

<Moved to appropriate board>

Bert Canepa, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net

1. Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net - Similar Threads - Authentication name password

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive

Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive: I am using Windows 10 with OneDrive. I am also using Seagate ToolKit with a Seagate external drive to back up my computer.I thought Seagate was backing up my files on OneDrive along with my computer. It's not. Specifically, the files in the OneDrive folder are not being...
  6. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  7. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  8. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. External Hard Drive Backup Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External Hard Drive Backup Problem: I accidentally ejected my Western Digital "My Passport" backup. I unplugged from the USB port and plugged in again. My Passport now appears in Devices again. However when I go to Settings/Update/Backup the option to "Add a Drive" has vanished and when I click on More...
  10. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...